Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Help me name my AI

JamesSavik

In an upcoming story an AI (Artificial Intelligence) plays a big role.

But darned if I'm stuck for a name. 

He is a person that happens to reside in silicon. 

What should his name be?

• Site Administrator

Pick a name based on the role of the AI. If it's a pilot, go with a name like Wilbur. Jeeves or Alfred are traditional for butlers/servants. A general purpose AI could be Friday. 

How about:  Art?    I am in favor of short names.  In my story about Abel III, HAL was the name of their ship's computer and I borrowed it from 2001....Abel's aunt and uncle also had an AI which I named ADA in honor of Ada Lovelace, the British mathematician so involved in early computing over there....

Another option would be Alan, named in honor of Alan Turing.

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 1

How about DJIN (pronounced Gin)?    Digital  Jadeite  Intelligence  Nand      where Jadeite ( member of the Jade family) is the crystalline circuitry rather than silicon chips, with Nand being defined as " a computer logic circuit which is the inverse of an AND circuit.

These definitions were taken from Websters New Collegiate Dictionary.

SOLARIS

Siliconised Organic Linking Artificially Resonant Intelligence System

Edited by MrM

The name of the technology is going to be: Digital Avatars- people are going to call them DAVEs. or specifically by their name.

Each individual one... that's going to be tough. 

I think that they will end us choosing their own as Digital Avatar 39616 is a little much for conversation.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by jamessavik

2 hours ago, jamessavik said:

The name of the technology is going to be: Digital Avatars- people are going to call them DAVEs. or specifically by their name.

I think that they will end us choosing their own as Digital Avatar 39616 is a little much for conversation.

Thanks for your input.

Daddy Dave thinks this is cool!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daddydavek said:

Daddy Dave thinks this is cool!

Gee...I wonder wonder why?

4 hours ago, jamessavik said:

Thanks for your input.

Will each dave have physical manifestations like Data from Star Trek TNG or disembodied voices like the Enterprise's computer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Will each dave have physical manifestations like Data from Star Trek TNG or disembodied voices like the Enterprise's computer?

Each one will have a humanoid physical avatar. The better to interact with the bald monkeys. 

• Like 1