Teens React to Male Rompers

We've got a new thing coming this summer...rompers for men!

Men of this board...would you wear one?

Pretty much, I think to pull this off, you need to have a flat stomach and nice, long legs with thick calves.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

We've got a new thing coming this summer...rompers for men!

Men of this board...would you wear one?

Pretty much, I think to pull this off, you need to have a flat stomach and nice, long legs with thick calves.

Nailed it!

• Like 1

I predict this will be about as popular as the mankini. You’ll see a few people wear them as a joke, but most people will not want to be seen in them. If sexy, in-shape men* want to adopt clothing from women, why can’t they do a men’s equivalent of the nearly-naked Academy Awards designer clothing shown on the red carpet?

*I freely admit that very few, if any, would describe me as sexy and I’m certainly not in-shape. Nobody wants to see me in a nearly-naked outfit, designer or not – especially not me! You’ll never see me in a Romper/Romp-him.

Now if they did those in dark blue many mechanics might be willing to wear one of those in a hot shop, since the only difference between them and their normal work coveralls is no pant legs.  

• Like 2

Back in the seventies and into the early eighties guys wore short shorts—yes, I did too—and they were fashionable and looked good. Gay men, of course, pushed the envelope and it wasn't all that surprising when something showed its head; supposedly that wasn't on purpose. Sure, and I have a bridge to sell ya.😉

• Like 5

No, they're not for me. It's hard to imagine anyone looking good in them. I wear shorts a lot but these are not good and they don't look comfortable. It's a bad idea, what are they trying to do, put an end to shirtless guys in the summer?

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Ron said:

Back in the seventies and into the early eighties guys wore short shorts—yes, I did too—and they were fashionable and looked good. Gay men, of course, pushed the envelope and it wasn't all that surprising when something showed its head; supposedly that wasn't on purpose. Sure, and I have a bridge to sell ya.😉

In the Eighties, I used to go to a Gay bar with a coworker, her straight semi-ex-husband (they only got divorced so her grandparents would subsidize her and her baby, but he still lived with them), her best friend, and the best friend’s Gay ex-husband. The ‘straight’ ex-husband loved to wear very short pants. He’d sit on the seat-back of the booths and loved the attention he got when things fell out ‘accidentally.’

I never saw it happen and he had what he claimed was some sort of disease that left his teeth black – he was a nice enough guy, but not at all my type! The Gay ex-husband was kind of a slut – again not my type. After not having contact with her for a few years, I saw her in the Castro and she told me she was bi and had a girlfriend.

In the Seventies when I was still a teenager, I used to wear very short pants. They were worn-out shrink-to-fit 501 cut-offs that my mother would actually hem! I think the inseams were only about 3”, but my mother bought me Jockey shorts back then – nothing ever fell out. I only weighed about 125 pounds at the time and was very skinny…

I live in Florida. Shorts are required here. LOL. In all honesty, I can see the Rompers being more of a Northern Trend than a Southern one. Just for ease of being Shirtless in the heat.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Romp-hims might be preferable to those ridiculous baggy ‘shorts’ that sometimes fall below the knees and expose way too much of the guy’s (invariable) boxer shorts.

Those are actually falling out of favor with young guys. Shorts are now falling at the knee instead, and they tend to be a straighter, tighter fit. If you're preppie they might actually go above the knee.

No. Just no.

I get  kick out of how much you tend to hate how young guys dress these days. You don't seem to be a big fan of this look, either:

6137be647a553f702c61a5a8050e5a59.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I get  kick out of how much you tend to hate how young guys dress these days. You don't seem to be a big fan of this look, either:

I hate that James and I agree about anything (you quoted him, not me).

And the young people I see dress much more ‘urban’ and not at all preppie. Skinny jeans can look good on skinny guys.

Edited by Former Member
4 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

You don't seem to be a big fan of this look, either:

6137be647a553f702c61a5a8050e5a59.jpg

His neighbors were later quoted as saying he was such a nice guy. Quiet, kept to himself. I never would have expected him to do anything like that!

On 5/28/2017 at 7:52 PM, droughtquake said:

If sexy, in-shape men want to adopt clothing from women, why can’t they do a men’s equivalent of the nearly-naked Academy Awards designer clothing shown on the red carpet?

I’m thinking if designers took inspiration from spandex wrestling singlets when they design tuxedos, they could take skinny jeans to the next level! I could imagine some very edgy musician going commando while wearing those spandex pants to an MTV awards show…  ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

I can't imagine giving up my shorts (non-saggy) and tee shirts which is what I wear almost all the time in warm weather...

I imagine that you will sing a different tune if someone who knows how to press your button wants you to. Hehe.

32 minutes ago, Uziel said:

I imagine that you will sing a different tune if someone who knows how to press your button wants you to. Hehe.

I can’t speak for Dave, but no one would ever be able to convince me to wear rompers/step-ins or any form of shorts (saggy or not). Even if he was the perfect guy who ticks off every single box on my very, very long fantasy ‘ideal man’ list (‘must own magic wand’ [to fix me] is one of those items on the list).

I often wore very short short-pants (not to be confused with short-shorts) back in the ‘70s and into the ‘80s. I was very skinny in my teens and 20s. But that was a long time ago…  ;-)