[DomLuka] The true meaning behind the GOAT

Ok, so I've been thinking a lot about the goat and his role in With Trust...here's that I figured out........

In almost every issue of XXL, they talk about hip hop's GOAT. The GOAT is the greatest of all time. I think most Domaholics agree that Dom is the greatest net author of all time. So I have a theory......

Dom Luka is the GOAT. The goat represents Dom. Even though he's probably not concieted enough to actually say he's the greatest of all time (GOAT), it's got to be somewhere in his subconscience. I mean, in my opinion, there isn't anyone at this site that can compare to Dom (except for maybe RHawes). Who else has fans that keep checking back and form factions and who has the #1 rated site on the top list??? Only Dom.

It might seem wild, but it makes sense to me. What do you guys think??????

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Moderator

In other words, your saying that Dom makes a cameo appearance as the GOAT. Much the same way Stephen King did in some of the movies based on his books.

Edited by TalonRider
I don't think Dom is that conceited...not to mention the goat has yet to make enough appearances to be that important of a character, as to truly BE Dom.

I agree... Personally, I think that if Dom were to write himself into one of his stories, it wouldn't be as a goat... :D

I'm in disagreement, though, about the Goat not being an important character.. Trust, Sr, has had even fewer appearances, yet I suspect he will play a major role in the story soon, and thus will be an important character.. Just like the Goat. :P

I still think the Goat will crash the wedding... Nelson has already raised this possibility..

Or, What if it isn't Jame who discovers the truth about Nelson and Milo? What if it's the Goat? Will the Goat out Milo? :P

Or, if Jame outs Milo and Nelson, will the Goat get Jame in the end? :P:sheep:

I agree... Personally, I think that if Dom were to write himself into one of his stories, it wouldn't be as a goat... :D

I'm in disagreement, though, about the Goat not being an important character.. Trust, Sr, has had even fewer appearances, yet I suspect he will play a major role in the story soon, and thus will be an important character.. Just like the Goat. :P

I still think the Goat will crash the wedding... Nelson has already raised this possibility..

Or, What if it isn't Jame who discovers the truth about Nelson and Milo? What if it's the Goat? Will the Goat out Milo? :P

Or, if Jame outs Milo and Nelson, will the Goat get Jame in the end? :P:sheep:

hmmmm...all very interesting thories. I wondered about the goat outing Milo and Nelson myself. But what I had pictured happening was the goat finding out, then feeling betrayed my Nelson because he wasn't told about it. Finally, he starts to come to terms with his feelings but by then it's too late because Mr. Larmont and Mr. Trust slaughter him and cook him up for a family feast after Milo and Nelsons wedding.

hmmmm...all very interesting thories. I wondered about the goat outing Milo and Nelson myself. But what I had pictured happening was the goat finding out, then feeling betrayed my Nelson because he wasn't told about it. Finally, he starts to come to terms with his feelings but by then it's too late because Mr. Larmont and Mr. Trust slaughter him and cook him up for a family feast after Milo and Nelsons wedding.

Hmmm... That's right, you started the Gdite (Goat for Dinner In The End) movement, didn't you? :blink:

I find your theory about the Goat feeling betrayed to be quite interesting... However, I'm still thinking that the Goat might end up to be the Aaron (from DD) of this story, by stealing a car, and framing Nelson for it.

As for a main character to be slaughtered at the family feast, I think I'd prefer to see Jame in that role... :devil:

My thoughts exactly. I'm kind of sad I created the post that lead to the beginning of all this goat theorizing...
Well, it's too late -- the goat's out of the bag. Might as well revel in it...

You need to look at things proportionally. If Nelson only had a 'backyard' then a simple dog would fill it. The same could be said if Nelson had, say....a full fledged 'meadow' or 'pasture'. Then a cow or a horse would have been appropriate. As the space as been described as a 'field', the goat is within the proportional size allotment for animal characters. :blink:

Sharon

For the GDITE group

BARBECUED GOAT

Dress goat carefully. If hair gets in contact with meat, it imparts an unpleasant flavor. Add salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin seed and cover goat with a layer of lard. Wrap and tie meat in mogrey leaves. Cover with clean white sock and wrap in a low sack.

Put in pit where fire has been burning several hours. Lay covered meat in a layer of ashes over hot coals, cover with dirt and leave meat in ashes all night.

Y'all....I think the Goat issue is even less relevant than the warm gazpacho controversy. Give the goat a rest....

What, you're not a fan of tongue in cheek humor?

Be carefull of what you wish for.. moving on, the next subject will probably be a dozen-page discussion of the significance and meaning of the dent in Milo's car. :devil:

For the GDITE group

BARBECUED GOAT

Dress goat carefully. If hair gets in contact with meat, it imparts an unpleasant flavor. Add salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin seed and cover goat with a layer of lard. Wrap and tie meat in mogrey leaves. Cover with clean white sock and wrap in a low sack.

Put in pit where fire has been burning several hours. Lay covered meat in a layer of ashes over hot coals, cover with dirt and leave meat in ashes all night.

Yummy :)

um I have to agree with Kurt and TheZot. The goat is just there. Maybe he has a special role.

All jokes aside, my guess is that the goat will play some role in the plot (perhaps eating Emily's wedding dress?). Therefor, Dom had to mention the goat from the beginning, otherwise it's sudden appearance would be very strange indeed.

I would be slightly disappointed if Dom went with the dress eating, it's a bit Disney cliche. I think that if the goat has any purpose (Besides the author liking goats) is to further contrast the lives of Nelson and Milo. Would you ever picture a goat in Milo's backyard?

I would be slightly disappointed if Dom went with the dress eating, it's a bit Disney cliche. I think that if the goat has any purpose (Besides the author liking goats) is to further contrast the lives of Nelson and Milo. Would you ever picture a goat in Milo's backyard?

ROFL! That's a good point..

Personally, I think the background detail in Dom's stories (pets, vehicles, homes, etc) is one of the things that makes them so great.