[DomLuka] The true meaning behind the GOAT

What, you're not a fan of tongue in cheek humor? /quote]

Now tongue-in-cheek! There's a tasty-sounding dish. One that Nelson would especially like, especially if it was Milo's tongue in Nelson's cheek.

Anyone got a good recipe for tongue-in-cheek?

Journeyman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in a way, all of those funny theory make me laugh, but they also made me aware of that goat as a "character", and it's quite true that I expect now something to happen with the goat in a way ^^;;; If nothing were to happen, I might be thinking "hey, you forgot the goat's scene!"...

funnily, we don't expect anything from the rat or the other exotic animals...

I'm really too influenced by some of the weirdest thoeries ;_;

Once again I'll agree with the Zot... I'm more concerned about Dom being so busy that the pace of chapter releases have slowed and forced Nicky to start fantasizing about the goat (and then even more worrisome is the subsequent goat recipe fantasies :P )

I'm think that if the goat does play a role in the story it might be a little lawn "nugget" that Emily slips and falls on :2thumbs: on her way down the aisle...

Growing up, one of my neighbours raised goats and, while they are cute when they're little kids, the adults can be mean and destructive little buggers!

OK, enough of my enabling Nicky's goat obsession!

Steve

Edited by Rabble_Rouser

:lol::P :pickaxe: :ranger:

Once again I'll agree with the Zot... I'm more concerned about Dom being so busy that the pace of chapter releases have slowed and forced Nicky to start fantasizing about the goat (and then even more worrisome is the subsequent goat recipe fantasies :P )

I'm think that if the goat does play a role in the story it might be a little lawn "nugget" that Emily slips and falls on :2thumbs: on her way down the aisle...

Growing up, one of my neighbours raised goats and, while they are cute when they're little kids, the adults can be mean and destructive little buggers!

OK, enough of my enabling Nicky's goat obsession!

Steve

What me?? Obsessed??? 0:)0:)0:)

Guest mn_quiet1
What, you're not a fan of tongue in cheek humor?

Be carefull of what you wish for.. moving on, the next subject will probably be a dozen-page discussion of the significance and meaning of the dent in Milo's car. :devil:

But that dent must have some story behind it!

Milo's car does prompt a question. Why is Milo (an apparent "rich kid") driving around a dented green Honda?

What, you're not a fan of tongue in cheek humor?

Be carefull of what you wish for.. moving on, the next subject will probably be a dozen-page discussion of the significance and meaning of the dent in Milo's car. :devil:

I think the goat is very significant. It is obvious that Dom intends to embark down a path that includes bestiality. I see a menage-a-trois with Milo, Nels, and the goat. The goat cums first. :devil:

I have a theory behind the goat. I think the goat is a literary device Dom is using to characterize Nelson's family, the goat represents the quirky and unconventional nature of Nelson's family. On the outside they are a bit wierd -pink hair, etc. but on the inside they are exactly what you would want a family to be -loving, supportive and totally functional. This is to contrast with Milo's family that seems pretty normal to the people in town -well off, respected, good neighborhood, pillar of the community, etc. but which is deeply disfunctional/ This sets up a dichotomy: guy from the unconventional but functional family meets guy the from conventional but utterly disfunctional family. In this sense the counterpart of the goat is Juanita, who represents the 'hidden' disfunction of the Milo's family: even though she is a maid she is the only one who cares about Milo, even though she is only part of the family by chance.

Im sorry if I'm turning this debate into a college English class...

-Aaron

But that dent must have some story behind it!

Milo's car does prompt a question. Why is Milo (an apparent "rich kid") driving around a dented green Honda?

That is a very good point... I've been wondering about that, myself. I suspect that Milo, despite his father being rich, isn't a "rich kid", at all, for whatever reason.

I think the goat is very significant. It is obvious that Dom intends to embark down a path that includes bestiality. I see a menage-a-trois with Milo, Nels, and the goat. The goat cums first. :devil:

It's well to bear in mind that Dom has, after all, written from the point of view of a dog (Valentine's day goes to the dogs). Uhoh.... :P

(and then even more worrisome is the subsequent goat recipe fantasies :P )

Sigh---- I read that as subsequent goat rape fantasies :ph34r:

Perhaps he'll make a nice angorra scarf for Milo or angorra boxer shorts :great: , (I have an underwear fetish) or maybe a shawl for Emily.

bodgy

This is to contrast with Milo's family that seems pretty normal to the people in town -well off, respected, good neighborhood, pillar of the community, etc. but which is deeply disfunctional

Milo's Trust seems pretty normal? Isn't Mr Trust (Trump?) the local tycoon, who cannot be expected to follow the usual rules of normality? Milo, in contrast, appears to be a humble and sensitive person, maybe intimidated by the extraordinarily dominant Mr Trust.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been so long since I read this story, that about all I can recall is the goat.

When Chapter 12 appears, I'll have a bunch of rereading to do.

Not to mention Quinn the Eskimo.

• 3 weeks later...
That is a very good point... I've been wondering about that, myself. I suspect that Milo, despite his father being rich, isn't a "rich kid", at all, for whatever reason.

It's well to bear in mind that Dom has, after all, written from the point of view of a dog (Valentine's day goes to the dogs). Uhoh.... :P

i've been wondering about that myself.

i'm keen to think that it's a case of "i don't want anything from you..."

more of a "let me earn things myself" kind of thing...this way, the car is HIS...and not something his father gave him.

just a thought... :P

• 3 weeks later...

:wacko: :boy:

I have a theory behind the goat. I think the goat is a literary device Dom is using to characterize Nelson's family, the goat represents the quirky and unconventional nature of Nelson's family. On the outside they are a bit wierd -pink hair, etc. but on the inside they are exactly what you would want a family to be -loving, supportive and totally functional. This is to contrast with Milo's family that seems pretty normal to the people in town -well off, respected, good neighborhood, pillar of the community, etc. but which is deeply disfunctional/ This sets up a dichotomy: guy from the unconventional but functional family meets guy the from conventional but utterly disfunctional family. In this sense the counterpart of the goat is Juanita, who represents the 'hidden' disfunction of the Milo's family: even though she is a maid she is the only one who cares about Milo, even though she is only part of the family by chance.

Im sorry if I'm turning this debate into a college English class...

-Aaron

Well we got an Ass for Democrats and an Elephant for the Republicans - and they all talk about family values. So why don't you start a new party for true family values and take the goat as partyanimal...

hmmm are goats really partyanimals?? :wacko: :boy:

So as an nonamerican :music: I give this idea away free for anyone to take. :ranger:

Edited by Ratatosk
hmmm are goats really partyanimals?? :wacko: :boy:

Who? Me? A Party animal?

Let's just put it this way... People who have known me since my college days tell me that I've mellowed a lot, to the point where I am now just a party animal. :lmao: