canada-150.jpg

Thank you Canada for supporting LGBTQ films! Your government has brought your filmmakers to Frameline for many years. I got to see the Canadian National Film Board trailer several times during Frameline41! (There was a Harvester cutting a huge Canada 150 logo into a field, among other images.)

It was much better than seeing the ‘heart-warming’ Wells Fargo ad where a Lesbian couple adopts a hearing impaired child and the voiceover at the end intones, ‘…when two becomes three.’ And I hear ‘…when two Wells Fargo accounts becomes three.’ Or, for the second year in a row, the other ‘local San Francisco’ bank, Bank of America, can’t even put together their own LGBTQ ad, but has to borrow someone else’s PSA instead…

1 hour ago, Hunter Thomson said:

and we're looking forward to being bigger and better than before!

So when California, Washington, and Oregon petition to join your Federation, you’ll let us in?  ;-)

Or are you referring to expanding into the Caribbean?

2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

So when California, Washington, and Oregon petition to join your Federation, you’ll let us in?  ;-)

Or are you referring to expanding into the Caribbean?

It's funny you mention that since the Turks and Caicos apparently are interested in joining up with the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. What an unwieldy province name Newfoundland, Labrador and the Turks and Caicos is going to be.

I don't think Cascadia is ready or able to join us yet.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Canada should be celebrated for one more Very important thing... It produced Ryan Reynolds!!! 😍

And Michael J Fox for those of us who are older…

Edited by Former Member