Tonight we find out that George RR Martin worked out a crossover deal with George Lucas before his empire was sold to Disney. The Star Wars Expanded Universe character, Winter, will arrive in Westeros. Winter will be sitting in the Iron Throne in the final shot in Game of Thrones!
;–)

27 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

At least after tonight I'll get started on the books

I read parts of the book series in the middle of the mandatory service at the rescue mission* – all I can think is that they thought I was reading a bible.
;–)

* Religious scholars and students of theology would be appalled by the incoherent and inaccurate rants that pass as ‘sermons’ nearly every evening.  Once a month, someone with a theological education speaks. Once a month, a group of college educated men speak. The rest of the month, uneducated speakers rant and rave in a disorganized, poor imitation of speakers they’ve heard in the past, spewing out hatred and bigotry disguised as a religious message.

• Site Administrator
Just now, Wesley8890 said:

I think this was the best episode

I'm satisfied with how it ended.  There were definitely some surprises.  At least I should be able to sleep tonight. lol

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

On the West Coast, they showed the final live and then are repeating the entire show just for people like you!
;–)

It's live here to so 😝😝😝

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 9:24 PM, droughtquake said:
  Hide contents

tumblr_prse8jL5UE1u9dy9ro1_1280.jpg

What? This wasn’t the final scene in the Game of Thrones saga?  ;–)

Spoiler

Well, they did ride off together (with the wedding party?) into the frostbitten North of the Wall!
;–)

Yes, I finally got to see the final season last week. It takes a while for me to ‘acquire’ episodes of pay cable shows. I was a little disappointed.

Spoiler

Jon Snow got shafted. Even the Kingslayer got to be in the King’s Guard after he killed a mad Targarian. They could have exiled him to explore the West with his beloved cousin, Arya! The poor ‘bastard’ was revived so he could save Westeros and gets sent away in shame to bear the sins of the entire kingdom.

;–)