• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

I'm ready for the burning flesh!

Spoiler

Well you got your wish :unsure: 

44 minutes ago, AusGlitterati said:

I went into today's episode with low expectations and I was still disappointed. Eesh. -_- 

How so? I expected a more epic death for a few characters

1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

How so? I expected a more epic death for a few characters

Same as the Long Night: it was visually stunning, and the action scenes were terrific and the soundtrack was omfg. ❤️ 

But the writing is so abysmally bad! The pacing is off, the decisions and motivations are either ridiculous or pointless, the conclusions of every character arc were unsatisfying at best with all that character development thrown out of the window. Jaime's character arc in particular was shocking! I can't believe they let it end that way. -_- The plot armour is a big one that irritates me, and established lore is continually forgotten or just pushed to the side. The showrunners choose to subvert expectations for no reason and it's turned the final two seasons into a hot mess imo. They needed a lot more than thirteen episodes to wrap the series up. It's rushed and it feels bad. :(

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, AusGlitterati said:

Yes I loved the way he went out! I also love that the Clegane war ended the way it began - with fire! 

Yes! But my question is where is Arya going

This. A thousand times this.

There was no reason for Daenerys to burn the city so systematically, to so deliberately target civilians who posed no threat to her. She’s been callous and even cruel before, but never murderous for the sake of being murderous. It felt as if Daenerys had become a monster simply because the show needed her to become a monster, not because it was paying off a thoughtfully developed character turn.

I get that the show has been building toward Daenerys becoming the Mad Queen for seasons now — really, I do. In theory, her turn toward villainy really could have worked. But in practice, its execution was sloppy and rushed, a microcosm of what’s felt wrong with much of this final season.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

I know I keep harping about Dany, but I can't help it! :P 

It was totally uncharacteristic of her to do it. At first she looked like she might just destroy the Red Keep but the she went batcrap crazy and turned into daddy dearest