• Site Administrator
On 8/23/2017 at 9:10 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Ouch, this article takes a sledgehammer to the latest episode

The questions it poses are really interesting, and I'd like to hear what y'all would consider plausible explanations.

I asked myself a lot of those same questions when I watched the episode.  Tonight's episode is going to be... :o I'm planning on watching it tonight, so that means I won't get any sleep.  lol 

• Like 2

On Jon (major spoiler alert)

Spoiler

His real name is Aegon Targaryen? At first this confused me, because Rhaegar already had a son named Aegon Targaryen with his first wife, Elia Martell. But, then I remembered that the Sack of King's Landing (in which Aerys, Elia, Rhaenys (her daughter), and Aegon were killed) happened before Lyanna gave birth to Jon. So, in all likelihood, she was probably informed of what happened in that city, so she probably named her newborn son after the late prince.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

On Jon (major spoiler alert)

Reveal hidden contents

His real name is Aegon Targaryen? At first this confused me, because Rhaegar already had a son named Aegon Targaryen with his first wife, Elia Martell. But, then I remembered that the Sack of King's Landing (in which Aerys, Elia, Rhaenys (her daughter), and Aegon were killed) happened before Lyanna gave birth to Jon. So, in all likelihood, she was probably informed of what happened in that city, so she probably named her newborn son after the late prince.

I was confused on that as well but that makes sense

• Site Administrator
20 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Now we have to wait until next year for the final season... 😭

At least... 18 months is what I heard. :(  

On 8/28/2017 at 5:15 PM, Wesley8890 said:

How do you hide stuff

If you wanna hide something in the spoiler box, just click the "eye" icon in the toolbar (it's beside the emoji icon). :) 

On 8/28/2017 at 5:54 PM, Valkyrie said:

At least... 18 months is what I heard. :(  

Let's look on the bright side, at least it ain't 6 years! :lol: 

• Like 2

Overall I found it to be an adequate season finale.  Wasn't in awe.  Wasn't upset.

Spoiler

Considering the end "reveal" involved the characters catching up to what the audience (mostly) figured out last year, that was rather anti-climactic.  Even with the added bonus Sam's info gave, it wasn't that much of a development for the audience.  It is important for the plot, of course, but not nearly as memorable as the reveal/confirmation last year.

The use of the dragon was cool from a special effects standpoint, but what was their plan had they not lured the dragons North in the prior episode?  They were already headed towards East Watch, but to what ends if they didn't have a way around the wall until the dragon was available?

It was nice to see the game turn on Littlefinger, but that wasn't much of a surprise (at least I hoped Sansa wasn't that foolish).  The political games in the South were interesting and well done, but ultimately felt like they accomplished little with the end double cross.

A reasonable close to a season that finally reached the point that we've been waiting on for years.  I look forward to the last season, but it'll be a long wait.  The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

If you wanna hide something in the spoiler box, just click the "eye" icon in the toolbar (it's beside the emoji icon). :) 

Let's look on the bright side, at least it ain't 6 years! :lol: 

I don't have an eye just a bullet point and quotation mark