• 1 month later...

New chapter up tomorrow. I think you will like it, as Kohl does something unexpected - and the Corndog's Wife...well, wait and see what she has in mind 🤐😵🍆 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, AC Benus said:

New chapter up tomorrow. I think you will like it, as Kohl does something unexpected - and the Corndog's Wife...well, wait and see what she has in mind 🤐😵🍆 

EGGcellent!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I thought your name was Tim, not Montgomery!  ;–)

i was referring to the  🍆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, droughtquake said:

I thought you were way too young to be Mr Burns!  ;–)

oh lol.. you'll be happy to know i have NO idea what you are talking about ..lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

They’re still on Fox. It’s the longest scripted TV show (other than soaps).

excellent.jpg

Mr Burns is usually doing his finger thing when he says that!  ;–)

Now, does this Burns fellow like eggplant? *makes innocent face, and don't mention Smithers!!!!* lol 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • 4 weeks later...

In addition, how true a friend does Sadeeq strike you? Hehe, we'll see if he's a help or hurt to our boys. While you are counting the minutes down to the next chapter, take a gander at these images :)

national-pantheon-side-deck-cruise-ship-

side-deck-cruise-ship-safety-boat-ocean-

passengers-relaxing-in-sun-on-deck-of-ro

Edited by AC Benus
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Yes, the Alta Cienega is typical of the LA area, especially with a Psychic offering 'readings' next door! I am not nearly as familiar with LA as I am with San Francisco. I lived in SF for several years, mainly in the Sunset district which, at that time consisted of block after block of the typical SF house, a single car garage and entry-way on the ground floor with a stair up to the main floor where there were living areas: living room, kitchen, dining room, bath and utility with another flight of stairs to the sleeping rooms above. The only way you could distinguish your own house was by the color of the door! 

The main arterial was if I remember, Ortega Street which had a street-car line that passed through a tunnel under Twin Peaks from Market Street, the principal arterial in the downtown area and ended down at the ocean. God, that was a long time ago. If memory serves me I was a late teenager, but I don't remember much else about my life at that time. After all, that was ± seventy years ago. Will

Edited by Will Hawkins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

I posted chapter 30 today. Hard for me to get a grip, but now there only four more installments until our little Mojo is complete. I've had a long journey with this book, rather like the central characters I guess. 

Thanks to all who have read it.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, AC Benus said:

I posted chapter 30 today. Hard for me to get a grip, but now there only four more installments until our little Mojo is complete. I've had a long journey with this book, rather like the central characters I guess. 

Thanks to all who have read it.

What tim said... :kiss:Thank you!! 

• Love 2
  • 3 years later...

We all remember Angekwekwa, the white female masquerading as a strong Black woman? Well, I was poking through the book the other day looking at formatting issues, and I was a little unsatisfied with the convo Khol has with Ms. Umfume-Kintay (an assumed name, ;) ). She talks about paint fandecks to try and describe how her pasty-ness fits in with the African American community.

Today inspiration struck. I think the revised concept, using hot beverages, makes the whole exchange funnier. What are your thoughts...? 

[from chapter 18: A Tool of a Toady]

[Angekwekwa] “Think of it in terms of coffee. At one end you start with dark, full-bodied French roasts, all a tingling on the roof of your mouth as it goes down. But then you progress, you know, through the less heavily roasted, the Espressos, the Breakfast blends, till you finally start gettin’ in the Mocha range.”

[Kohl] “So, you’re ‘Mocha’?”

Her attituded did a defensive spine-snap. “Who said that?! I ain’t said any such thing.”

“Then…where do you fall on the fandeck of coffee hues?”

“Well, ya see, after the beautiful Mochas – with just that dash of luscious cocoa – you come to the creamer shades; the, um, Cappuccinos and whatnot.”

“So you’re a whatnot.”

“No, no. In the rich, diverse, coffee diaspora, you might say I’m in the café-au-lait range—”

“Any Black relatives?”

“Well, no—”

“Then you nothing but 2% Milk, huntie.”   

_

• Love 2