A Request to my Fellow Writers

I don't work for GA. I can't enforce any rules here. However, I'm disabled, and keep odd hours due to insomnia. So, I've noticed authors flooding the new story stream over the past month.

GA posting guidelines for stories is to post one new chapter or story no closer than eight (8) hours apart from each other. This is so you don't flood the "New Story Stream" on the forum page, or in the stories section, and it gives others time to be seen. I saw one Author post 10 chapters in one day.

So basically, what I'm asking is for people to be mindful, of when you're posting, and don't flood the system.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I saw one Author post 10 chapters in one day.

So basically, what I'm asking is for people to be mindful, of when you're posting, and don't flood the system.

Yeah, that was a mistake. He'd been away from GA for a couple of years and had forgotten the rule. :facepalm:  He was just happy he finally had something to post. 

And it also backfires on the author, because as Myr always tells us, people won't leave as many comments. It's true, because the first 10 chapters have way fewer comments than the next ten of that story. So the rule benefits everyone.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator
On 4/9/2018 at 1:37 AM, Timothy M. said:

And it also backfires on the author, because as Myr always tells us, people won't leave as many comments.

Yes, I do say that because I'm right ;)

Unfortunately, some parts of the system have been a lot more complicated than we expected.  It will eventually be built in that the system simply won't let you post more frequently that the 1 chapter per 8 hours.  We do, as a general rule, say something to the author when they over post. 

• Like 4