How much affection is fine in public?

People have different ideas of what is too much. Personally, I think as long as no one's getting hurt and you're fully clothed, it's fine. But then, I'm Scandinavian. Short of sex in public, no one really gives a rat's arse what you do. Unless, of course, you happen to be doing it with someone of the same gender, cause then some people are suddenly very offended. Not most, but some. I think that if you guys had been a straight couple, people probably wouldn't have reacted as strongly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in the restaurant business for twenty years. And I can say with conviction, there is kissing and then there is kissing. I have seen couples kiss and peck each other during the meal, gay or straight and have never heard any complaints from anyone. Then I have also seen, gay and straight, couples having full blown make-out sessions and have heard complaints from guest, staff members (who are trying to do their job yet feel uncomfortable approaching a table while they are in the middle of a full blown session). 

I once had to go to a couple, who was going at it so heavy, I could see the outline of his erection, and tell them to either calm down or leave. And they got so upset, they couldn't understand that we didn't want to watch them groping one another. His hand was up her shirt, her hands were rubbing his crotch, it was disgusting. 

I shouldn't have to watch anyone making out while I'm at work, gay or straight in a restaurant. I have seen other examples of couples going at it on the train and there are just certain things you don't do in a public space. I don't care if you "aren't" hurting anyone, have some respect for other people. 

When I'm in a bar, gay or straight, I don't really care what you do, mainly because there is no kids around, and usually it's pretty dark so I can ignore it. If you need to get off in public, go to a sex club where everyone is there for the same reason. Otherwise, have respect for the other humans in the world and keep your affection to appropriate places.

My two sense.

• Love 5
  • 4 weeks later...