The Drop in Centre

12 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

a couple of takeaways from the last several days

do the hard things, yes they are hard, but they have rewards
when you do the right thing, it'll work out. 
when someone says something hurtful, don't react, wait for the emotion to settle
you know your manager is a good one when they say, "If that person messages, calls, emails, I don't care what I'm doing, you bring your laptop to my office. YOU did nothing wrong."
simple things can bring a lot of joy
don't make @Kitt mad, lol!

i hope you are all well

i'm glad you're able to see things in a brighter way. i'm also glad you have a good manager!   and yes, do not piss @Kitt off!  :)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.d4f07cc1c89843231b008869ff3953d5.png

So what are you waiting for?  Have a great day!!  :D

I could do nothing but laugh when I saw this. My week has not been the greatest, but I've been trying to look at the bright side of things and stay positive. 

That resolve went right out the door when I saw a venomous baby snake slithering on my window sill at work. On the inside. Less than 2 feet from me. I haven't moved that fast since I was a kid. 

I need hazard pay. Or @Kitt with her frying pan. 

• Wow 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

saw a venomous baby snake slithering on my window sill

The snake had a more positive attitude than you did!  Aw, seriously, though i hope things get better before Friday.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

We have moved to Dan's house for the summer.. but i brought my little garden with me.  Wow, it is so nice being in a house.. it's quiet mostly.  i hope they decide to make this a permanent thing. i can run around in the kitchen!!! 

My little garden is growing happily in the window in part of the kitchen ... i used it to spice up the spaghetti sauce i made for dinner.  :D 

i'm so happy for all of you! it sounds wonderful!

• Love 3

Space is nice, but there is also something to be said for my tiny galley kitchen. I can lean on one cabinet, wash dishes in the sink opposite, reach behind me to the fridge with one hand and stir a pot on the stove with the other.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Space is nice, but there is also something to be said for my tiny galley kitchen. I can lean on one cabinet, wash dishes in the sink opposite, reach behind me to the fridge with one hand and stir a pot on the stove with the other.

I like my kitchen in the apartment mostly.  That is until two other giants come to 'help' me.  And in my world, one does not threaten one's Sir with a frying pan..LOL

Actually, Dan is a good cook and we work well together making things.

Michael just enjoys what we make. Which is nice. 

Your kitchen sounds like it's set up well.

• Haha 5
9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I like my kitchen in the apartment mostly.  That is until two other giants come to 'help' me.  And in my world, one does not threaten one's Sir with a frying pan..LOL

Actually, Dan is a good cook and we work well together making things.

Michael just enjoys what we make. Which is nice. 

Your kitchen sounds like it's set up well.

It sort of has to be. It's too small to function if it was disorganized.

As for me and my fry pan, I dont threaten. If it has come out for use as anything but frying, take cover. 

I couldn't picture one guy Mike's size in my kitchen, let alone two! And I have way too dominant a personality to tolerate them stepping on toes and bumping arms in my tiny space. We decided a long time ago he cooks or I do, both just does not work. My knives are too sharp for him to be jostling me while they are in use. I LIKE my fingers where God put them!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
14 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

We have moved to Dan's house for the summer.. but i brought my little garden with me.  Wow, it is so nice being in a house.. it's quiet mostly.  i hope they decide to make this a permanent thing. i can run around in the kitchen!!! 

My little garden is growing happily in the window in part of the kitchen ... i used it to spice up the spaghetti sauce i made for dinner.  :D 

This sounds wonderful, tim. I’m very happy for you. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sounds wonderful. Enjoy your summer.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 6/7/2023 at 4:30 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Sounds lovely.  But I missed who Dan is? 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Dan is our husband, not legally of course. He's been with us for.. geez i don't even know now. Around a year maybe?  Time just passes these days.. we're happy together.

Oh! Lovely and belated congratulations on your partnership.  

Sorry I wasn't paying more attention. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Oh! Lovely and belated congratulations on your partnership.  

Sorry I wasn't paying more attention. 

i don't think i really mentioned it much here. Michael did i think in His blog. But thank you. It's really nice.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Ok, silly question time.

How does one order a medium sausage pizza and recieve a medium Hawaiian with a slice missing?

The wrong pie I could understand. The missing slice...

the delivery guy is related to the tire store guy?
that seems like the only possible answer. did you call them? what kind of excuse did they give you?
that kind of thing is why i like the adhesive seals Door Dash uses

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the delivery guy is related to the tire store guy?
that seems like the only possible answer. did you call them? what kind of excuse did they give you?
that kind of thing is why i like the adhesive seals Door Dash uses

Maybe! Perhaps he went to domino's when he screwed up one too many times @ the tire store.

No excuse, just looked totally dumbfounded.

This was a pick up order too. Hubby no longer thinks I am nuts when I check the contents of an order befor leaving the counter.

Edited by Kitt
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Kitt said:

Ok, silly question time.

How does one order a medium sausage pizza and recieve a medium Hawaiian with a slice missing?

The wrong pie I could understand. The missing slice...

maybe they were having a 1/8 off sale

• Haha 4
20 hours ago, Kitt said:

Maybe! Perhaps he went to domino's when he screwed up one too many times @ the tire store.

No excuse, just looked totally dumbfounded.

This was a pick up order too. Hubby no longer thinks I am nuts when I check the contents of an order befor leaving the counter.

i check the order at the drive thru 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..