The Drop in Centre

11 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Speaking of journeys

That was a good film. I liked it as well.   Based on what i've seen about it, it's not so much a pilgrimage any longer. It seems very commercialized now, like climbing Mt Everest, sadly.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Pet peeve of the day:

People..... 

Between the hours of 12n and 1pm please don't:

1. Call my office number, hang up then call my cell and not leave a message. Or even worse... repeat. 

2. Rap on my closed window and you can see the lights are off. 

3. So help me, I will not guarantee anyone's safety if you attempt to open my office door which is in the same position as my window- Closed!

It's safe to say I am at lunch. LEAVE ME ALONE!

I get 20-30 minutes a day. Whatever issue you have can wait. Thank you. 

I hope everyone else enjoys a quiet lunchtime and has a good rest of the week. 🤪

You should be allowed some time away. That's crazy.  You can bet that the majority of people who are doing this, at one time had lunch breaks they wanted to be respected.

Can you hang up a Gone for Lunch back at 1pm, sign?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, kbois said:

I could hang a flashing neon sign an there are a few people who wouldn't believe it applied to them. 

I had someone open my office door when I was in a meeting with my boss and another manager. In. A. Meeting. My boss looked at me incredulously and I just said "Welcome to my world." LOL 

I now lock my door too. 

Smart.  People i haven't missed dealing with them at all for the last week.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, kbois said:

Pet peeve of the day:

People..... 

Between the hours of 12n and 1pm please don't:

1. Call my office number, hang up then call my cell and not leave a message. Or even worse... repeat. 

2. Rap on my closed window and you can see the lights are off. 

3. So help me, I will not guarantee anyone's safety if you attempt to open my office door which is in the same position as my window- Closed!

It's safe to say I am at lunch. LEAVE ME ALONE!

I get 20-30 minutes a day. Whatever issue you have can wait. Thank you. 

I hope everyone else enjoys a quiet lunchtime and has a good rest of the week. 🤪

#1. The absolute WORST!!   I answer the third call with a very terse "What?"  It knocks them back into reality and sets the tone for the conversation that we're about to have. As you well know, there are very few true emergencies in our business, and if there really is one, then they should be on the phone with 911 and not calling me.  Harsh? Yep. Effective? Very.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, spyke said:

#1. The absolute WORST!!   I answer the third call with a very terse "What?"  It knocks them back into reality and sets the tone for the conversation that we're about to have. As you well know, there are very few true emergencies in our business, and if there really is one, then they should be on the phone with 911 and not calling me.  Harsh? Yep. Effective? Very.  

My thoughts exactly. If it's that much of an emergency call 911.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, kbois said:

They don't do that. Nobody wants to "get involved". 🙄 

Recently had to speak to a resident who was looking after 2 granddaughters and letting them run wild in the community. They were hiding behind trash cans and jumping out at people as they drove by on their golf carts or would chase after them yelling. Did anyone call 911? Not until I told the 4th or 5th person who complained that I couldn't do anything unless I had a police incident report. 

Ohhhh... the person who called repeatedly during my lunch yesterday? Saw 2 people walking around the shuffleboard courts with something that looked like towels in their hands. 

Ummm... maybe they were going to the pool?

SMH. I love my job (said sarcastically)

Is it Friday?

Sounds like you've got the type of Neighborhood Watch where the neighbors watch while your house gets robbed in broad daylight. 🤣

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

It's a bank Holiday here in the UK 🇬🇧 and I've got to work.

that sucks .. hope the money makes up for it a little bit

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well, a visit to the dentist resulted in my back on antibiotics and an appointment to have my fake rebar tooth pulled. Hopefully after 6 weeks of healing i will be able to get a replacement on a Maryland Bridge. 

Ugh...

image.png.ac348a78eaf62af649cde4fd3d2eda7a.png

• Love 4
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy You are today’s dmq. :heart: 

Will be crossing my fingers six weeks from now. For now, take care my friend. 

xoxo

Thanks.  I'm not in pain or anything just have an infection.  I wasn't surprised and have sort of been waiting for this to happen. Could have done with it not this month but whatever.  My dentist is a cool guy. He tells it like it is, none of the, we can try this or that.. He said the truth is it has to go.  Then he called in Michael and he told us all the options. 

Hope you're doing okay, Reader.  xo

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope you're doing okay, Reader.  xo

Can’t complain atm except for one thing. 

I can hear my less than a year neighbour across the street shooting hoops. Right now is okay, but it wasn’t this past Saturday when the telltale bounce sound started just after 12:30 am (yes, am not pm) and lasted for almost 30 minutes. Not sure how who was all out there as somone did go back inside (silhouetted by the indoor light) 

Talk about being clueless and audacious. I tried flashing my outside lights to give them a hint they should be ceasing and desisting, but that did nothing. I just hope this isn’t something I get to “look forward to” as the weather gets nicer. 

Sorry for the rant, but the bouncing ball triggered me…

Have a good night with Mike. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Can’t complain atm except for one thing. 

I can hear my less than a year neighbour across the street shooting hoops. Right now is okay, but it wasn’t this past Saturday when the telltale bounce sound started just after 12:30 am (yes, am not pm) and lasted for almost 30 minutes. Not sure how who was all out there as somone did go back inside (silhouetted by the indoor light) 

Talk about being clueless and audacious. I tried flashing my outside lights to give them a hint they should be ceasing and desisting, but that did nothing. I just hope this isn’t something I get to “look forward to” as the weather gets nicer. 

Sorry for the rant, but the bouncing ball triggered me…

Have a good night with Mike. :) 

oh man.. i can sympathize with respect to crappy neighbours.. ugh ... do something quieter like walk around the block..

you have a good night too xoox

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
52 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh man.. i can sympathize with respect to crappy neighbours.. ugh ... do something quieter like walk around the block..

you have a good night too xoox

I just remembered, you do know what I’m talking about. I hope your situation is better now.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I just remembered, you do know what I’m talking about. I hope your situation is better now.

It's somewhat better. The family with 5 kids in a 2 bedroom above were moved to a 3 bedroom on another floor. i'm sure they are annoying other people as we speak.

The new people have one kid. We've been up to visit them to ask them stop bouncing balls on the floor.  That's somewhat better. We know the kid's gonna run around.. he's 4 but seriously people have some respect for your neighbours.  Anyway... you are kinda now trapped where you are due to rents .. who can afford to move anymore?

• Like 3
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

My dentist is a cool guy. He tells it like it is, none of the, we can try this or that.. He said the truth is it has to go.  

I think his long lost sister is my dentist. LOL.

Sorry you're having to go through all of that.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..