The Drop in Centre

29 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks, guys. The first step is done .... i turned off my alarm, and when it said turn back on for Sept 3rd? .. i said no.

It's gonna be weird for a while, but it feels good. You guys have a good day!

You'll have more time to enjoy your garden, knitting and cooking. So your days will be busy, but with things you enjoy doing and not obnoxious customers on the phone.

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
46 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks, guys. The first step is done .... i turned off my alarm, and when it said turn back on for Sept 3rd? .. i said no.

Happy for you, tim. 

Enjoy the “weirdness” to the fullest. 😊

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

tim yes weird but in a good way

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Weird is what we all do best. 🤣

Answer the calls using your best fake accent and a fake name. "Tank yew fur culling X V-eye Zed Bank. Dis is Thor. Yur change is our goal."

They can't fire you. 

Have a great day and enjoy your freedom from the stresses of work. ❤️

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

Seems the universe is confused.. so far my vpn has dropped out 3x and then our ISP went down for a few minutes.. i told it again i do need to actually do some work.. but i guess it thinks not so much. lol   i'm not working too hard though..

• Like 3
14 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

So happy for you, enjoy all the weirdness that comes with life. 🧡🧡🧡🧡

Thank you!  i think it will be good.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, kbois said:

I know everyone has heard of "Florida Man". Well, it's inclusive. I saw this headline this morning:

Florida woman in hospital gown arrested after allegedly stealing ambulance. 

She was taken into custody and booked on charges of giving false information to police, driving with a suspended license, and resisting arrest without violence. 

Ummmm..... aren't they forgetting something? Like stealing the ambulance!  It did say more charges are pending, but how is that not the first charge? 🤣🤣🤣

@Mikiesboy enjoy your first full day of freedom from the work doldrums. I'm going to repeat my course of action from yesterday and not maim or kill anyone. I'll admit it was a tad difficult. At least the main culprit is behaving today. He knew I was pissed yesterday. 

Have a good weekend, especially if you're lucky enough to have 3 days off. 

( @MichaelS36 good call with the tiramisu!)

i had no idea what "florida man" is, but based on what you're written, i can sort of guess. Since it's allegedly stealing the ambulance, i suppose she'll be charged once it's proven. Do you know why she was in a hospital gown, did she escape from the psych ward? 

We did the usual Friday stuff.. Shrink and then groceries. But since the store was sooooooo busy, Dan and i thought maybe we should do something mad, like go on Thursdays. LOL

In the last few years at work, i never had a long weekend because i worked sunday. Always had to book a vacation day (if you could get one). Now i am on a VERRRRRYYYYY long weekend. Sorry, i'll stop talking about it.. :(   But i hope people do get the whole long weekend. I saw our grocery store is open on Monday.. that's wrong. But the Contact Centre at the bank is open, too. So.. nothing is sacred anymore.

Michael and Dan know i love cake. LOVE CAKE! But we don't have it much because of MIchael. He says .. eat cake but i just won't in front of Him.  Anyway, they chose tiramisu because it's lower in carbs.. and it was sooooooo good.  :) Happy boy.

i'm glad you have decided not to kill or maim anyone. Going to jail really isn't fun, like they show you in the guidebooks. Stay out of there. 😜

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Your first “real” Friday in a long while. Looks to be a great one, so enjoy it to the fullest, tim. :) 

Yes..lol. Friday rather than Saturday. It's rather muggy here. Dan and i went for a walk before setting off to the doc and shopping.. worked up a sweat. lol Been a long time since i've done that.  Dan is a slave driver, frankly. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yes..lol. Friday rather than Saturday. It's rather muggy here. Dan and i went for a walk before setting off to the doc and shopping.. worked up a sweat. lol Been a long time since i've done that.  Dan is a slave driver, frankly. lol

Oh we've been going to no frills since metro has been on strike.. it's much better. i think metro has lost our business.. anyway i remember what you said about president choice hot chocolate. Dan said buy some for yourself. i said, no, Michael can't...  Dan said, Michael is not going to begrudge a mug of hot chocolate, nor will he give in and have it.  you are up before He is usually, or He is out the door for work. Get the hot chocolate powder and enjoy it.

So, i did. lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i had no idea what "florida man" is, but based on what you're written, i can sort of guess.😜

Trust me when I say that anything you could possibly guess will be 1 billion times tamer than the real thing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, spyke said:

Trust me when I say that anything you could possibly guess will be 1 billion times tamer than the real thing. 

time for some research then ...  :D

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, spyke said:

I've ceased the jaw drop when I see a headline starting with "Florida man...."

The things I've seen in real life down here is the reason I don't go out much anymore. The clips on social media? Yeah... it happens. There are idiots who will chase gators on unicycle wearing nothing but a python around their shoulders. Lol. 

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

time for some research then ...  :D

Just Google "Florida man" 

You can add any date too just for shits and giggles. Every. Day. Of. The. Year. 

Trust me. 

• Like 4

Yeah it's what i figured... Uban Dictionary says this:

Florida Man

The stupidest thing on earth. You dont want to mess with him, as he might attack you with a fried chicken or a catfish. His fuel is Bud Light and methamphetamine. They LOVE playing sports with gators and using fish as baseball bats. Nothing can stop a Florida Man except another Florida Man. Get on his bad side, and he will feed you to his cat Spleens. Nobody is a crazy, random, or stupid as a Florida Man. Only Russians or Australians can match up against them. So dont mess with Florida Man.
Dude: bro did you here about the Florida Man?
Other dude: yeah. Didnt he stab his wife with a squirrel?
by ThatOneGuyk October 18, 2019
Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..