The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

13 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I do. Reds and yellows.

Do you?

no.. i see nothing even if i try there's nothing ...  i only see like black.  Even if i try to see a colour there's nothing. 

i read about this today... and i never knew any different. i was surprised when i read people can see colour or images.. i never have.  it's called Aphantasia  ... it not an issue, just means it's different for me and others like me.

it sort of explains a few things.  i always thought people saying they can visualize things as odd.. like what are you talking about.  Lol.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Wow 5
40 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

no.. i see nothing even if i try there's nothing ...  i only see like black.  Even if i try to see a colour there's nothing. 

i read about this today... and i never knew any different. i was surprised when i read people can see colour or images.. i never have.  it's called Aphantasia  ... it not an issue, just means it's different for me and others like me.

it sort of explains a few things.  i always thought people saying they can visualize things as odd.. like what are you talking about.  Lol.

I’ve heard of it, but never known anybody that’s aware they have this way of navigating how we recall the world.

Interesting. 🙂

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

I’ve heard of it, but never known anybody that’s aware they have this way of navigating how we recall the world.

Interesting. 🙂

i was reading something in a newspaper today that got me looking.  I've always wondered why people would say things about what they see in their mind's eye. I see nothing and thought they were just nuts.  lol

I ended up here:  https://creativerevolution.io/aphantasia-a-blind-minds-eye/

It is interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i was reading something in a newspaper today that got me looking.  I've always wondered why people would say things about what they see in their mind's eye. I see nothing and thought they were just nuts.  lol

It is interesting. 

I just read a little about it while I waited for my Uber. It's amazing how many intricacies the human brain has that differ from person to person. 

I remember in 6th grade our teacher gave a class assignment. She read a description from The Hound of the Baskervilles. It was the exterior of a house and the walkway leading up to it. We had to draw what she described. 30-some odd kids in the class and there were 30-some odd different versions. One kid drew a square. I'm willing to bet he has anphantasia. 

Out of curiosity... is it just visual for you, or does it affect your other senses?

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, kbois said:

I just read a little about it while I waited for my Uber. It's amazing how many intricacies the human brain has that differ from person to person. 

I remember in 6th grade our teacher gave a class assignment. She read a description from The Hound of the Baskervilles. It was the exterior of a house and the walkway leading up to it. We had to draw what she described. 30-some odd kids in the class and there were 30-some odd different versions. One kid drew a square. I'm willing to bet he has anphantasia. 

Out of curiosity... is it just visual for you, or does it affect your other senses?

I can't see the house, but i know what a house is. I would have drawn a house and a walkway. I just cannot visualize it in my mind. So this doesnt affect my imagination but it does explain why i sometimes felt frustrated when people said they could see things and i couldn't. 

I don't think it affects anything but visual imagination.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I can't see the house, but i know what a house is. I would have drawn a house and a walkway. I just cannot visualize it in my mind. So this doesnt affect my imagination but it does explain why i sometimes felt frustrated when people said they could see things and i couldn't. 

I don't think it affects anything but visual imagination.

It's so fascination how the mind works!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It is interesting. 

I remember things/events/things I’ve been told etc in images as if my mind goes back to that time, so maybe that’s why my mind’s eye works so well? 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I remember things/events/things I’ve been told etc in images as if my mind goes back to that time, so maybe that’s why my mind’s eye works so well? 

yeah you remember lots of things.. i'm kinda jealous ... even with the whiteboard, which we really do use, i forgot to make apple crisp even thought it's written on there in big letters and circled in red.

I got my bread pan and new slicer dicer thing today.. not going anywhere tomorrow so Danny and i will unpack it and test it out! :)

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah you remember lots of things.. i'm kinda jealous ... even with the whiteboard, which we really do use, i forgot to make apple crisp even thought it's written on there in big letters and circled in red.

I got my bread pan and new slicer dicer thing today.. not going anywhere tomorrow so Danny and i will unpack it and test it out! :)

My short term memory isn’t worth the paper it’s written, which causes me to forget to buy the one thing I went to the grocery store. Then again, I buy other things, so maybe I’m just easily distracted by shiny (oh, it’s on sale…) things?  

As for tomorrow? It’s supposed to rain, so stay in and put your new “toys” through their paces. I’ll be making roll up lasagna in lieu of an evening walk. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

My short term memory isn’t worth the paper it’s written, which causes me to forget to buy the one thing I went to the grocery store. Then again, I buy other things, so maybe I’m just easily distracted by shiny (oh, it’s on sale…) things?  

As for tomorrow? It’s supposed to rain, so stay in and put your new “toys” through their paces. I’ll be making roll up lasagna in lieu of an evening walk. 

haha...we write everything down.. or else ...  i'm distracted by donuts and mini eggs

good day to stay home then and mess around with the new machines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

haha...we write everything down.. or else ...  i'm distracted by donuts and mini eggs

good day to stay home then and mess around with the new machines.

Life without donuts would be a sad place. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Life without donuts would be a sad place. 

Aint that the truth! lol

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Very tempted to say something here, lol, but I'll behave. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
15 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Very tempted to say something here, lol, but I'll behave. 

Where's the fun in that?

• Haha 4
7 hours ago, kbois said:

Where's the fun in that?

Probably would have gotten Him struck off again lol.

• Haha 3
17 hours ago, kbois said:

Anytime I visualize a sunset, it's always on the water. Blazing red & orange. I can see the waves crashing on the shore and the gulls as they fly. 

That's what I see somewhat, but for me I see the sun setting on the water like it's sinking into it with dark blues and violet colors and lit twinkling of the stars as they start to come out, it's absolutely peaceful.

• Love 3

"Close your eyes. They closed? Okay. Now. Imagine it's fall in Toronto, and that sexy guy you'd always wanted to know better finally wears those tight, grey sweatpants."

CAN YOU SEE IT, BECAUSE I SURE CAN!

Happy Tuesday. 😁

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

We set up the bamix. Did a bit of prep with it for dinner. Grated cheese, julienned some carrots for salad.

Next, the bread maker to make some dough for hamburger buns. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We set up the bamix. Did a bit of prep with it for dinner. Grated cheese, julienned some carrots for salad.

Next, the bread maker to make some dough for hamburger buns. 

Sounds amazing and yummy 😋 

• Like 2

This man was not a good person, but in this case, he was right.

image.png.ee0907015ef85654abbfd1142711ba26.png

Have a good day, my friends.

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..