The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

I’m sorry to hear that.

I don’t know what happened, but Pain and grief do strange things to both ourselves and those we love. We become different, and volatility lurks under the surface.

Try and allow grace, both for others and yourself.

I'll let my nephew know. tim hasn't spoken four words since last night. Peter's behaviour was beyond shocking.  Thankfully, my mother wasn't there to witness it. 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

We'd hoped for that. Sadly it was far from the truth and I am again dealing with the fallout. 

Sorry to hear the evening didn't go as you hoped it would. 

Hugs to all of you. 

• Love 4

Thank you @Reader1810 and @Kitt

If Peter feels he should reach out, I'll talk to him. Otherwise, all the best to him. 

It was an inappropriate place to bring up what he did and how he did it over what is a toy. 

tim did say something to him about it and his behaviour, and Peter didn't much like hearing the truth. tim now of course feels guilty for speaking up. Though he did nothing wrong. 

The ball is in Peter's court, he can do what he wishes with it.  

Thank you for your concern. It's good to know you're here. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Thank you @Reader1810 and @Kitt

If Peter feels he should reach out, I'll talk to him. Otherwise, all the best to him. 

It was an inappropriate place to bring up what he did and how he did it over what is a toy. 

tim did say something to him about it and his behaviour, and Peter didn't much like hearing the truth. tim now of course feels guilty for speaking up. Though he did nothing wrong. 

The ball is in Peter's court, he can do what he wishes with it.  

Thank you for your concern. It's good to know you're here. 

tim shouldn't feel guilty if he told Peter the truth about his behaviour, obviously it was deserved for tim to speak out.

Sending hugs to tim x  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

tim shouldn't feel guilty if he told Peter the truth about his behaviour, obviously it was deserved for tim to speak out.

Sending hugs to tim x  

Thank you, chris. Thanks for your support. tim will appreciate it.  

Life is a battle for tim and Peter was downright rude.  tim especially took Peter under his wing when Peter came to live with us while he was in University here.  It's not the first time he's hurt tim.  It may very well be the last.  Family or not. 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
10 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim is a truly kind and considerate soul, so I can understand his mindset.

Having said that, I'm glad he has you and Dan to support him as he sorts things out, and hopefully, realizes you are correct and he's done nothing wrong. 

• Love 2

I am sure there is a lot here we are not aware of, but nothing excuses intentionally hurting a gentle soul like tim.  If he spoke up, what ever was happening must have been beyond reasonable.  Love and support to you both.  

• Love 3

Thank you ... all of you, @Reader1810 @Kitt @chris191070 and @Wayne Gray

i'm okay. Just needed time to process.  i was all doom and gloom at first, but some time, some sleep makes things better. i will just leave it alone. Peter needs to be the one who says something first. If he doesn't, he doesn't. He's a grown man, a doctor, who i hope is more mature at work.

in any case, i have some poetry to work on and some stories ... and new bread pans to use!

image.png.8ad0709c5713376fded70cd1dc8ef00b.png

Have a good day everyone!  Happy Wednesday.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thank you ... all of you, @Reader1810 @Kitt @chris191070 and @Wayne Gray

i'm okay. Just needed time to process.  i was all doom and gloom at first, but some time, some sleep makes things better. i will just leave it alone. Peter needs to be the one who says something first. If he doesn't, he doesn't. He's a grown man, a doctor, who i hope is more mature at work.

in any case, i have some poetry to work on and some stories ... and new bread pans to use!

image.png.8ad0709c5713376fded70cd1dc8ef00b.png

Have a good day everyone!  Happy Wednesday.

Have fun making bread, with your new bread pans x

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It's finally Friday!   I read this but had to read it again...and think about it. I ended up agreeing. LOL

image.png.1d80bd7e33c0a7175021f4a55fec69ec.png

• Love 2

How is everyone doing today? Berlin is sunny today with clears skies and temperatures around 9ºC/42ºF.

Going to cook myself some good food and prep food for the week. Need to save money for the drought that's about to hit me while I prepare my journey from employed to self-employed. And home-cooked food is healthier anyway… for the body and soul.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

It's windy and raining in Toronto. Temperature is about 44f.  So overcast and grotty. 

Cooking your own food is the best option if you have the skills. We need to bring back teaching those skills in school. They are important in the face of the cost of food and the health/nutrition issues with highly processed food. Let's not forget skimpflation as well! 

I have no idea what to make the Men for dinner other than grilled cheese sandwiches and soup.  Saturdays are supposed to be a less stressful day with something light for dinner.

image.png.d1da00bef2d983e8b9d2b2e34695c2a1.png

• Love 4

I will prepare a tomato, cucumber, and millet salad and pair that with some grilled cheese sandwiches. Thank you for the inspiration, @Mikiesboy.

In fact, I found my sandwich maker recently and it has to be used!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, drown said:

I will prepare a tomato, cucumber, and millet salad and pair that with some grilled cheese sandwiches. Thank you for the inspiration, @Mikiesboy.

In fact, I found my sandwich maker recently and it has to be used!

i just use a frying pan...lol   Enjoy your salad and sandwiches! 

• Love 5

okay... beef stew is in the oven stewing.. for a few hours .. i couldn't fit it in the IP. Maybe i just need a bigger IP now that there are more of us.. It'll do nice in the oven though. It's for dinner tomorrow and maybe Tuesday if it's not all devoured!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

okay... beef stew is in the oven stewing.. for a few hours .. i couldn't fit it in the IP. Maybe i just need a bigger IP now that there are more of us.. It'll do nice in the oven though. It's for dinner tomorrow and maybe Tuesday if it's not all devoured!

Sounds delicious x

• Like 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i hope it will be or i'll be fired! LOL

We'll find out later today if you're still employed. 

However, going only by the way this place smelled, I'd say you're in no danger of being fired. 

• Love 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1

i personally don't wear pj's but i can see this being a thing:

image.png.f2b94eda5dd4ac4635d2fe2fd8ce3b86.png

Have a terrific day!!! 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.  

Thank you, I hope you do, too. Please enjoy the food someone's cooking for you right now.

The neighbor with the dogs invited me for cupcakes today. That was a brilliant start. Now I'm heating up a paprika tofu stew I made a week ago. I feel so responsible.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..