The Drop in Centre

Just now, MichaelS36 said:

Where's the meat?   Sorry, large carnivore here, lol.   Still not a huge fan of tofu, but as a diabetic I see it's benefits (tim told me to write that). Supposedly, there are benefits. I trust him.  Enjoy your food!

Haha. To be honest, just buy some smoked tofu, prepare the dish. It'll taste like sausage.

And if you really can't help yourself, get some Mettwurst sausage (German heritage and all that), fry in a pan, add to soup. I'd leave out the tofu then, serves the same purpose. Possibly a little richer and more varied in taste, but unhealthier 😛 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, drown said:

I promised the recipe!

Drown's Paprika Stew with Tofu 🍅🫑🥔

😬 

IMG_2656.jpeg.67ae4ca2cb80825b11abd4754fccdf21.jpeg

It looks very tasty, but I will have to take your word for it. Me and bell peppers have a love/hate relationship... I love to hate them. I've never liked them, nor will I ever. Kudos to those who do... enjoy whatever color you prefer, just keep me out it. Lol

I'm also a die hard carnivore like @MichaelS36. Tofu is OK, but not as a true substitute for meat. No matter what you add to it, no matter what form you shape it in... it's not meat. 

Enjoy your soup!

I hope everyone has a good day. I'm getting some packing done. Moving is up there with bell peppers in my life. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

image.png.a703039080d216bb37437727719f65a5.png

Happy National Panda Day ... this is a rare brown/white panda.  Isn't he lovely.

Hug your panda today! 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.a703039080d216bb37437727719f65a5.png

Happy National Panda Day ... this is a rare brown/white panda.  Isn't he lovely.

Hug your panda today! 

Aww... I want one! 

I wonder how Zeke and Camden would react.. lol. 

• Love 3

So I originally planned the soup, remember? All the bell peppers I could find were yucky, so… I introduce you to my casserole: Pasta, meat (fake meat in my case, but just imagine it's real meat if you so desire), sauce, crème fraîche, cheese.

I really need to work out tomorrow 🤪

IMG_2808.jpg.0af3cc99b69fae98846ee61b9d6e450a.jpg

• Love 5
1 minute ago, drown said:

So I originally planned the soup, remember? All the bell peppers I could find were yucky, so… I introduce you to my casserole: Pasta, meat (fake meat in my case, but just imagine it's real meat if you so desire), sauce, crème fraîche, cheese.

I really need to work out tomorrow 🤪

IMG_2808.jpg.0af3cc99b69fae98846ee61b9d6e450a.jpg

Looks good to me!  Shame about the peppers. I love peppers.

• Love 4

Kbois Law of Packing states:

Thou shalt not open any closed box/container having positively been identified as belonging to one of your offspring when they were young. It is guaranteed to contain something you wish you didn't find. 

Baby teeth. At least a dozen of them. I did not stop to count. 

I have no idea which child saved them, but I have my suspicions. 

🤦‍♀️

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Kbois Law of Packing states:

Thou shalt not open any closed box/container having positively been identified as belonging to one of your offspring when they were young. It is guaranteed to contain something you wish you didn't find. 

Baby teeth. At least a dozen of them. I did not stop to count. 

I have no idea which child saved them, but I have my suspicions. 

🤦‍♀️

So no tooth fairy at your house then? 🤣

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

I do too.  Mine is I love them and they HATE me 

I always get the worst indigestion.... No matter what color they are or how they're prepared.  

I think the green ones are "less ripe"? But if anything burned me multiple times over, I'd also just end the relationship right then and there.

3 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I've had tofu before in many ways.  I feel like it doesn't taste like much, it absorbs whatever it's in.  I prefer it crisped in a pan though, for texture 

Feels like tofu can be prepared in many varied ways, and even good restaurants sometimes completely fail at it. I do recommend pan frying, or crisping it in the oven. Texture is important with food and nothing is worse (though that depends on the dish) than soft tofu just thrown into water XD

🧡

• Like 5
Just now, MichaelS36 said:

I thought I'd pop in and let you know tim isn't feeling all that well, so likely won't be around too much. 

Hope you are all well and stay that way.  Take care. 

Thank you for letting us know.

I’m sending hugs. Hope he’s feeling better soon. 💚

Take care.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I thought I'd pop in and let you know tim isn't feeling all that well, so likely won't be around too much. 

Thanks for letting us know, Mike. 
Sending hugs to tim and wishing he feels better soon. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, drown said:

Thank you for letting us know.

I’m sending hugs. Hope he’s feeling better soon. 💚

Take care.

Thank you. I'll pass that along to him. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Thanks for letting us know, Mike. 
Sending hugs to tim and wishing he feels better soon. 

I will Reader, thank you. he just needs a couple of days under his rock. I will pass that along to him. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Sending hugs. Hope tim feels better soon xx

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..