The Drop in Centre

24 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The temp being this low, and yet, the humidity so high just isn't right. 🙁

'

I agree.  Is it the government's fault? LOL..   Who can we complain to about this?  haha

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
24 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

...sigh... rough day.

trying not to retreat to my corner.

anybody have fun plans for the weekend?

I'm sorry, honey. You can do it, you'll be out of there soon.  Plans you ask?

I like an insane person.. have to post chapters on both Saturday and Sunday. Why i thought that was a good idea, i don't know. Prepping 3 chapters a week is taking up a lot of time.  So that's what i am doing. Due to the heat, my fav thing .. baking bread is put on hiatus for a bit. :( 

If you're interested in food, weight loss and Japan.. you could watch Miso Hungry. It's very interesting and entertaining as well. You get to see a lot of Japan, the people and food. Our hero, who is quite overweight is convinced by a friend of his who is a filmmaker to spend two weeks in Japan eating only their regular diet (not his, which was take out burgers, fries, pizza and gallons of soda) and seeing the changes he makes. It was really well done and he's a super nice guy. He was then to return home and continue the same way of eating for the next 10 weeks. I may just watch it again. I found it on Prime in Canada.

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

...sigh... rough day.

trying not to retreat to my corner.

anybody have fun plans for the weekend?

:hug: 

Nothing interesting for me unless you count taking a bunch of stuff for a special drop off recycling day in my city. That will be tomorrow morning as long as it’s not raining, that is. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I agree.  Is it the government's fault? LOL..   Who can we complain to about this?  haha

We can complain to each other.

We are @ 98* actual temp, but the humidity is low so no "real feel" increase. 

Major surprise, the show this Sunday is being rescheduled. Guess high 90's and high humidity forcast actually sank in to the heads of the organizers.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Good to see you back Rick. 

I'm right down th road from ya so I get what you're getting weather wise. Though it does seem like we get a tiny break early next week. 

yes it supposed to rain on Sunday may have  to go and stand on the front porch. take care

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Flip-Flop said:

I'm in Ohio also and on the TV weather they said we only were in the 90s  six times last year total. We just had six days in a row in the 90s this June. Looking like it will be a long and hot summer ahead.

Oh hello fellow ohioan ! 

Lovely to see a new face in the chat. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Oh hello fellow ohioan ! 

Lovely to see a new face in the chat. 

Yep, a fellow Buckeye, born and raised. I'm a newer member and one of the few non-authors here. Happy to meet you also, Starry!  We can share our Ohio weather woes and complaints together. I"m sure that we will have more hot spells and other strange Ohio weather, later this summer.  :rolleyes:

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Flip-Flop said:

Yep, a fellow Buckeye, born and raised. I'm a newer member and one of the few non-authors here. Happy to meet you also, Starry!  We can share our Ohio weather woes and complaints together. I"m sure that we will have more hot spells and other strange Ohio weather, later this summer.  :rolleyes:

Authors wouldn't be a whole lot without readers. Everyone is welcome here. :)

We all love to share our weather issues...feels nice here at the moment. Enjoy it while we can!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Flip-Flop said:

hey another Buckeye welcome myself southern Ohio south of Columbus. Welcome and enjoy your stay 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Monday! It's one of those days when I have zero idea what I'm going to do. A walk is on the agenda first, right after breakfast, I think. Oh, and making some fridge pickles is next after that. The cauliflower, carrot, cucumber, and onion-mixed ones were a hit.  Have a great day, no matter what you're up to.  :)

image.png.e2cc155055127a437ae99dba9b887223.png

tim

the pickles sound good have you tried putting garlic or jalapeño in them? Not together but in separated batches. we like the garlic pickles. The jalapeño are to hot for me but my brother loved them.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim

the pickles sound good have you tried putting garlic or jalapeño in them? Not together but in separated batches. we like the garlic pickles. The jalapeño are to hot for me but my brother loved them.

No, Michael doesn't like garlic pickles or hot things, so I just stick with the plain vinegar ones. They are great on their own. Thanks though, rick! I'm glad you enjoy yours with the garlic!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

No, Michael doesn't like garlic pickles or hot things, so I just stick with the plain vinegar ones. They are great on their own. Thanks though, rick! I'm glad you enjoy yours with the garlic!

no problem have you tried cucumbers and onions ? Or add tomatoes in pickling it’s a  staple around here in ohio not sure about other areas. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

no problem have you tried cucumbers and onions ? Or add tomatoes in pickling it’s a  staple around here in ohio not sure about other areas. 

Yes, i've done mixed pickles.. cucumber, onion,carrots and cauliflower. I've not added tomato, however my mum used to make a side dish in the summer with thick slices of a beefsteak tomato and slices of sweet onion in a water/vinegar mix. That was excellent.

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..