The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hey!!  That is wonderful.. keep it up!  Great job, A.

2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

migraines are scary! i'm glad your doctor isn't taking it lightly and not just prescribing meds

well done you!

keep it up!

2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Ouch. Hope it turns out to be something easy to fix. Sounds like you’ve had a hell of a day... Take care of yourself! :hug: 

Yay! Good for you. :) 

1 hour ago, Backwoods Boy said:

That's a lot for one month.  A pound a week is more to the point.  Don't overdo it as that can cause unintended results.  Share that with the migraine doctor, if you didn't.   Moderation in all things.

If it's an ocular migraine, my hiking companion deals with it, and you'll get some good advice from the doc.  Hope you get it figured out soon.  I'm sure you'll let us know what you learn. :hug:

Thanks, everyone. Came home, around 4ish, and was chilling in my bedroom, with a cloth over my eyes. My Fire tablet started going off from the emails I was getting. Was able to move to answer them, and talk to you all. After that, it was back to laying down, cloth to block the light, and I just recently woke up. Headache is gone too. 

I really appreciate it peeps.

• Love 2

Hi DiC! It's Saturday afternoon where I am and I am killing myself slowly in a class at my university. Sigh, the price we pay for a better life..

Been wanting to be more active here since my first post but life interferes in unexpected ways..

4 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

The first experience with a migraine, and when I called the doc to see what I could take over-the-counter with my mix of meds, she told me to come in. She wanted to know what was causing it because I don't have a history of them, and generally not prone to headaches. Posted I was headed up, and while I was waiting in the lobby, lost vision in my left eye. Needless to say, I started freaking out. They did some in-office tests, with a sonogram, and now I have appointments next week for an MRI, CT Scan, and a trip to an eye doctor. 

She thinks it's an eye issue. Haven't been checked in six years, and even with glasses, I have some poor vision.

Migraine can be a pain in the ass. Never had one, never want to have one. Hope things get better! And get some new glasses..if your sight is still poor even with your current glasses, it definitely can cause headaches. I used to have a similar issue (constant headaches caused by improper glasses). Finally went to the optician to get a new pair of glasses and haven't had any headaches since...

...who am I kidding, university gives me constant headache everyday :')

4 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

On a positive note, I lost 12lbs. over the last month!

This is nice.. I've been gaining 3kg (around 7lbs) in the past 2 weeks. Life is hard sometimes 😭

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, c081huang said:

Hi DiC! It's Saturday afternoon where I am and I am killing myself slowly in a class at my university. Sigh, the price we pay for a better life..

Been wanting to be more active here since my first post but life interferes in unexpected ways..

Migraine can be a pain in the ass. Never had one, never want to have one. Hope things get better! And get some new glasses..if your sight is still poor even with your current glasses, it definitely can cause headaches. I used to have a similar issue (constant headaches caused by improper glasses). Finally went to the optician to get a new pair of glasses and haven't had any headaches since...

...who am I kidding, university gives me constant headache everyday :')

This is nice.. I've been gaining 3kg (around 7lbs) in the past 2 weeks. Life is hard sometimes 😭

Good to see you again, and thank you. 🙂

I can understand college giving you headaches. Getting them as well.

• Like 4

Morning, DiC. Not doing great today. I was seriously not even drunk last night, but I feel hungover, lol! But then, I rarely drink at all these days, more than the occasional glass of wine. At least I know my liver’s working. :P I’ve got a 25 minute set today, playing five songs. Gonna run through them and then probably nap until it’s time to leave...

Have a good day, all! Hope you’re doing better today, @BHopper2. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, DiC. Not doing great today. I was seriously not even drunk last night, but I feel hungover, lol! But then, I rarely drink at all these days, more than the occasional glass of wine. At least I know my liver’s working. :P I’ve got a 25 minute set today, playing five songs. Gonna run through them and then probably nap until it’s time to leave...

Knock em dead, Thorn!    You'll be great!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Have a great time, Thorn! :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..