The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Here is an article for wild mushroom pickers.  Frankly, i'll be asking anyone who serves me mushrooms where they came from now on ...

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/02/deadly-mushroom-arrives-canada/581602/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

We call this one 'grønn fluesopp', which translates to green toadstool, in Norwegian. I always take care when picking mushrooms. Never pick anything I don't know exactly what is. And usually I only go mushroom picking to get chanterelles. My favourite mushroom. They look nothing like death caps.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Too chancy a game for me.  One of my old biology professors is an off the grid kind of guy and he and his wife pick wild mushrooms. He's quick to let people know that even after 40 years of doing it he can never get complacent.  

me too..  after reading it it seems like a horrible way to die..  usually only saved with a liver transplant.. good grief.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Here is an article for wild mushroom pickers.  Frankly, i'll be asking anyone who serves me mushrooms where they came from now on ...

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/02/deadly-mushroom-arrives-canada/581602/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

I read about this, too. Never pick my own shrooms.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

I read about this, too. Never pick my own shrooms.

the scary thing.. were the poor souls who were served them at a BBQ .. sad.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

On the topic of mushrooms, Denver voters will soon get to vote on decriminalizing Psilocybin mushrooms. https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/denver-will-get-to-vote-on-whether-to-decriminalize-psychedelic-mushrooms-in-may.

I am not a proponent of this idea.

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

On the topic of mushrooms, Denver voters will soon get to vote on decriminalizing Psilocybin mushrooms. https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/denver-will-get-to-vote-on-whether-to-decriminalize-psychedelic-mushrooms-in-may.

Oooh, no, bad idea! I knew a guy who jumped out of a window on a bad shroom trip. He didn't die, but still, not good.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Oooh, no, bad idea! I knew a guy who jumped out of a window on a bad shroom trip. He didn't die, but still, not good.

Definitely not a good idea.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

really?  oh man.  drugs like marijuana or mushrooms or crack, or anything are not good for us.   i used em all, never got offered mushrooms.. they do not help.. people who use anything long term get fucked up .. i knew addicts of all sorts.. none of them were functioning on a high level.  Why people think any of this crap is okay i dont know.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Definitely not a good idea.

They had an Iron Maiden poster on the wall. It had the mascot, Eddie, coming out of a tree. That poster became very, very real to this guy. Hence the auto-defenestration.

This one:

Spoiler

51Xs0pmYH4L.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

38 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

One of our regular hiking guides does this.. swears he knows his stuff. Still shows up for hikes so I guess, but I’ll pass. Thanks, no thanks. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I personally don't want people in my city driving around hallucinating on shrooms. It's bad enough having potheads driving around.

i understand Sir ... it's insane. It's beyond me why we'd allow pot and stuff. It is nuts what it does to your brain. I dont get what the govt doesnt get here.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

mushrooms..i'll stick to the ones at the grocery store thanks

Same here, not taking any chances at all, nuh uh.

Agree with @Thorn Wilde, personal drug use should not be a crime but those who do should be offered (uhmcoerceduhm) rehab/some kind of intervention before it gets too bad. Making it a crime won't help the addicts at all...

Here in my country it's almost a certain death penalty for drug distribution. They're talking about extending it to drug use in general. Sigh...

Good night people! Sweet dreams :hug:

• Like 4

x

12 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

mushrooms..i'll stick to the ones at the grocery store thanks

That's nearly an exact quote from the mycologist who gave a lecture on mushroom-picking that I once attended.  Then he proceeded to show pictures of a variety of edible mushrooms and their poisonous look-a-likes.  Fairly convincing.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..