The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

40 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Love it when you quote me, boy.   I did used to drive in this stuff.  I've seen some terrible accidents because of driving in crap weather. People do not seem to get it. Roads are not just the same, speeds cannot be the same. Stay the f home! … Used to drive me crazy. They go out, get into trouble and yet expected us, police, fire, ambulance to be right there. We.. they put their lives on the line. If people stayed home, then it would be safer for everyone.  I know tim used to worry a lot. 

morning Michael Sir

morning everyone

@Mikiesboy what a great word!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
Just now, BHopper2 said:

It disappeared on me too. Shows up a broken link now.

I triedto google search the image got an error message as well. That, has never happened before, and Ive google searched images too many times to count.

This is the message from google. 

Server Error

We're sorry but it appears that there has been an internal server error while processing your request. Our engineers have been notified and are working to resolve the issue.

Please try again later.

• Like 2

The image is two guys hiking over some rocks with water on either side.  It says: Spend your time like it is your most valuable asset, because it always will be.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The image is two guys hiking over some rocks with water on either side.  It says: Spend your time like it is your most valuable asset, because it always will be.

Very wise words.

• Like 3

Morning everyone.  Nice morning here tho not as warm.  Bad weather isnt due till dinner time.  Here's hoping it stays rain like it is supposed to. 

47 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Love it when you quote me, boy.   I did used to drive in this stuff.  I've seen some terrible accidents because of driving in crap weather. People do not seem to get it. Roads are not just the same, speeds cannot be the same. Stay the f home! … Used to drive me crazy. They go out, get into trouble and yet expected us, police, fire, ambulance to be right there. We.. they put their lives on the line. If people stayed home, then it would be safer for everyone.  I know tim used to worry a lot. 

I agree peeps should stay home in weather like you are getting. Unfortunately some employers are assholes.  Back when I was in the lab working nights, the snow started around 2 PM once, around 6 the production floor shut down and went home.  My boss returned my call informing him, and he insisted I stay till my usual midnight quitting time, or he would write me up.

When I left the snow was so deep it took me over 2 hours to make the 20 min drive home, and my little sports car was leaving tracks that looked more like a toboggan than a car.  Still snowing the next day, and the governor had closed the road to all non emergency driving. I called out and the ass said I would be written up for not coming in.

So, some of the poor idiots out there may not have a choice. They can't afford to tell off the boss like I did and stay home.

10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Not sure if you can see it, but this is the image tim posted. 

Hmm... I copied it, and it showed until I saved it. Another sure why. 

image.png.6531b5a53111377a6b0dbe2c0c6c10

I got am error message written in geek speak.  I have no clue what it said!

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Okay i know i am weird cuz i fall in love with things.. swiss chard, my instant pot and now these:

image.png.c89bc7e2e1d888b78fc2e90577f0a3ed.png   We bought them a few months ago.. and i love them.  We needed new ones cuz our others died and these are the coolest.. i love the shape, the see-thru and the not tooo huge size of them. And they work wonderfully.  I was just using them to season my toasted melted-cheese sandwich with tomato slices when i thought about the day i first tasted freshly ground pepper. It was such a revelation to me. I was out with Michael somewhere and the waiter asked and i just said no automatically. Michael said i should try it ... wow. What a wonderful yet simple thing. I pity all that pre-ground pepper that sits losing it's wonderful flavour in shaker bottles.

I use a mortar and pestle for pepper. Not sure why I started doing it, it’s archaic af. But I really love the taste, and I can get it as fine or as coarse as I like it. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Morning everyone.  Nice morning here tho not as warm.  Bad weather isnt due till dinner time.  Here's hoping it stays rain like it is supposed to. 

I agree peeps should stay home in weather like you are getting. Unfortunately some employers are assholes.  Back when I was in the lab working nights, the snow started around 2 PM once, around 6 the production floor shut down and went home.  My boss returned my call informing him, and he insisted I stay till my usual midnight quitting time, or he would write me up.

When I left the snow was so deep it took me over 2 hours to make the 20 min drive home, and my little sports car was leaving tracks that looked more like a toboggan than a car.  Still snowing the next day, and the governor had closed the road to all non emergency driving. I called out and the ass said I would be written up for not coming in.

So, some of the poor idiots out there may not have a choice. They can't afford to tell off the boss like I did and stay home.

I got am error message written in geek speak.  I have no clue what it said!

Angry face for asshole bosses. :angry:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I use a mortar and pestle for pepper. Not sure why I started doing it, it’s archaic af. But I really love the taste, and I can get it as fine or as coarse as I like it. :)

Um no, thanks, LOL. We can change the grind for very fine to very coarse. I am happy with that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, c081huang said:

Good luck with that!! 💪

Y'all are talking about snow and ice and suffering.. Come to the tropics, it's warm all year round :) 

I’m a snowman. I melt in the sun, lol! And then I combust. If there’s anything left. :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2

Michael had to go out and drive to the doctor's for His test results.. Freezing rain and pellets since 8am, He said, "It's shitty out there."   Supposed to carry on until 11pm or so.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Damn, it's really snowing hard now. Think I'll just stay put in the office.

You drive a pickup, Mac?  I drive a Jeep … people think 4 wd makes them safe in this crap.  Wrong as you know, I'm sure.  Only safe driving, snow tires/chains (when necessary), keep you safe. Sometimes 2 wd is safer.  In winter, slow, steady and patience will make you arrive alive.  

Edited by MichaelS36
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael had to go out and drive to the doctor's for His test results.. Freezing rain and pellets since 8am, He said, "It's shitty out there."   Supposed to carry on until 11pm or so.

It is indeed, boy. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

You drive a pickup, Mac?  I drive a Jeep … people think 4 wd makes them safe in this crap.  Wrong as you know, I'm sure.  Only safe driving, snow tires/chains (when necessary), keep you safe. Sometimes 2 wd is safer.  In winter, slow, steady and patience will make you arrive alive.  

Yeah, I'm not an over-confident a-hole in my pickup. Slow, steady and patient is a good philosophy about many things!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..