The Drop in Centre

6 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

diamond.jpg

Where can I get some of these things?  Need em after a winter storm at the barn!  I knew they existed but have never seen em for sale. Guess we don't get severe enough winter weather to make it worth carrying em in any sort of store.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Where can I get some of these things?  Need em after a winter storm at the barn!  I knew they existed but have never seen em for sale. Guess we don't get severe enough winter weather to make it worth carrying em in any sort of store.

I love them.  I got them for winter hiking, but they are very useful outside of that, as you indicated for your barn application.  They are available at a lot of outdoor recreation stores, sports stores, and here they are available at Les Schwab Tires, a regional tire store.  Also online. 

I just got back from shoveling the sidewalk, hauling the garbage can to the street, and inspecting the pickup.  It's iced in and has a three-foot berm of snow in front of it.  It ain't goin' nowhere for several days. :) 

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

I love them.  I got them for winter hiking, but they are very useful outside of that, as you indicated for your barn application.  They are available at a lot of outdoor recreation stores, sports stores, and here they are available at Les Schwab Tires, a regional tire store.  Also online.  I just got back from shoveling the sidewalk, hauling the garbage can to the street, and inspecting the pickup.  It's iced in and has a three-foot berm of snow in front of it.  It ain't goin' nowhere for several days. :) 

They look very useful. I bought some spike thingies for my boots last year, but now I can't find them... They'd really come in handy. I'm a total wuss when it comes to slippery conditions, it takes me ages to get anywhere cause I'm so afraid I'll fall, lol!

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1

Leading horses over icy spots is interesting. They do not ice skate very well! But the alternative is keeping them in the barn and while that works during the storm, it's not good for days on end waiting for a thaw.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Leading horses over icy spots is interesting. They do not ice skate very well! But the alternative is keeping them in the barn and while that works during the storm, it's not good for days on end waiting for a thaw.

Horses were made to move. :yes:

• Like 1

cacophony Audio pronunciation

noun | ka-KAH-fuh-nee  

Definition

:
harsh or discordant sound : dissonance; specifically : harshness in the sound of words or phrases

:
an incongruous or chaotic mixture : a striking combination

Words that descend from the Greek word phōnē are making noise in English. Why? Because phōnē means "sound" or "voice." Cacophony comes from a joining of the Greek prefix kak- (from kakos,meaning "bad") with phōnē, so it essentially means "bad sound." Symphony, a word that indicates harmony or agreement in sound, traces to phōnē and the Greek prefix syn-, which means "together." Polyphony refers to a style of musical composition in which two or more independent melodies are juxtaposed in harmony, and it comes from a combination of phōnē and the Greek prefix poly-, meaning "many." And euphony, a word for a pleasing or sweet sound, combines phōnē with eu-, a prefix that means "good."

• Like 2
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

cacophony Audio pronunciation

noun | ka-KAH-fuh-nee  

Definition

:
harsh or discordant sound : dissonance; specifically : harshness in the sound of words or phrases

:
an incongruous or chaotic mixture : a striking combination

Words that descend from the Greek word phōnē are making noise in English. Why? Because phōnē means "sound" or "voice." Cacophony comes from a joining of the Greek prefix kak- (from kakos,meaning "bad") with phōnē, so it essentially means "bad sound." Symphony, a word that indicates harmony or agreement in sound, traces to phōnē and the Greek prefix syn-, which means "together." Polyphony refers to a style of musical composition in which two or more independent melodies are juxtaposed in harmony, and it comes from a combination of phōnē and the Greek prefix poly-, meaning "many." And euphony, a word for a pleasing or sweet sound, combines phōnē with eu-, a prefix that means "good."

Excellent word! A clear favourite of mine.

Good morning DiC! Hope you’re all well. It got warm again here so the snow that fell last night is thawing. It’s gonna stay warm for the next few days with no precipitation, so hopefully it won’t get too slippery.

Have a good day, all! :) 

• Like 1
Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

the WOW face Sir is because this is so very appropriate for me this week

i thank You for posting it

It feels appropriate for many. I was compelled to share the message.

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

1.jpg

I feel attacked, lol! Thanks, Mac. An important reminder.

19 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Is is very true.

Hello, everyone.

Hi, Parker! :) How are you?

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..