The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
On 2/28/2019 at 11:14 PM, Mikiesboy said:

k, i've had enough.. good night all

Good night tim... sweet dreamz tonight and always xoxo 

PS: S1 eps 6 through 9 tonight. TMITHC is really, really good...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

O M G ... THIS IS LIKE MY MOST FAV WORD EVER ... I heard it as a kid, always directed to my brother, of course.. LOL

gormless Audio pronunciation

adjective | GORM-lus  

Definition

chiefly British : lacking intelligence : stupid

Gormless began life as the English dialect word gaumless, which was altered to the modern spelling when it expanded into wider use in the late 19th century. The origins of gaumless are easy to understand; the word derives from a combination of the dialect noun gaum, meaning "attention" or "understanding," and the suffix -less. This gaum has a related verb, also limited to dialect use, meaning "to pay attention to" and "to understand." Perhaps surprisingly, the four-letter gaum has multiple additional dialectal uses that are etymologically unrelated to these. Also noun-and-verb pairs, gaum means "a sticky or greasy mess" and "to smudge or smear especially with something sticky or greasy," as well as "a stupid doltish person" and "to behave in a stupid or awkward manner." Use of all of these pales in comparison to that of gormless, however, which is most frequently seen in British English.

Hah! I love that word. :heart: Morning, tim. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

O M G ... THIS IS LIKE MY MOST FAV WORD EVER ... I heard it as a kid, always directed to my brother, of course.. LOL

gormless Audio pronunciation

adjective | GORM-lus  

Definition

chiefly British : lacking intelligence : stupid

Gormless began life as the English dialect word gaumless, which was altered to the modern spelling when it expanded into wider use in the late 19th century. The origins of gaumless are easy to understand; the word derives from a combination of the dialect noun gaum, meaning "attention" or "understanding," and the suffix -less. This gaum has a related verb, also limited to dialect use, meaning "to pay attention to" and "to understand." Perhaps surprisingly, the four-letter gaum has multiple additional dialectal uses that are etymologically unrelated to these. Also noun-and-verb pairs, gaum means "a sticky or greasy mess" and "to smudge or smear especially with something sticky or greasy," as well as "a stupid doltish person" and "to behave in a stupid or awkward manner." Use of all of these pales in comparison to that of gormless, however, which is most frequently seen in British English.

OMG, I just saw this word in a story, and here it is :D 

Good morning everyone...

• Like 3

It is a good word, my Brother.

I need to remember it, as there are some Gormless people around here.

Now, no more posting before coffee, and will be headed out shortly to visit mom.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I got a very weird PM this morning.  Last week i got notifications about someone liking each chapter of Changes. So i sent a PM saying thanks for reading it.  Reply this morning: Mmm, i dont remember reading that story. But this is a very sneaky way of getting me to.

i replied, i do not ask people to read my work.. however why would you like things you didn't read?  just wondering.  have a nice day. 

is this a 'thing' i dont know about.. liking chapters you didnt and have no intention of reading?  Why would you do that?

That is odd. I haven't heard of it before.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

That is odd. I haven't heard of it before.

Right?  i don't know.  anyway ..time for coffee #2 and some food ... fried egg sandwich i think.  shame there's no bacon... oh well.

• Love 3
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

Right?  i don't know.  anyway ..time for coffee #2 and some food ... fried egg sandwich i think.  shame there's no bacon... oh well.

Eggs and Bacon... mmmmmmmmmm

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, BHopper2 said:

Eggs and Bacon... mmmmmmmmmm

no..lol.. bacon and egg sandwich then mmmmmm ... i love them .. even when they are cold and made for grab and go breakfast ..  ok.. going now

• Like 3
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I got a very weird PM this morning.  Last week i got notifications about someone liking each chapter of Changes. So i sent a PM saying thanks for reading it.  Reply this morning: Mmm, i dont remember reading that story. But this is a very sneaky way of getting me to.

i replied, i do not ask people to read my work.. however why would you like things you didn't read?  just wondering.  have a nice day. 

is this a 'thing' i dont know about.. liking chapters you didnt and have no intention of reading?  Why would you do that?

That's just bizarre. :blink:

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.17401320d7978e5f15a95b627b7c6978.png

Interestingly, I have never heard that particular proverb before, lol!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
20 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I would say, maybe he/she has a bad or no memory weren’t it for his/her reply...

Why would anyone want that to be a thing? Too time consuming, imo. 

Took some Tylenol for my sore back, so I’m going to wonder  wander away and let it kick in. Be back around later. 

PS: wonder and wander: two words that like to confuse my brain. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That's just bizarre. :blink:

Interestingly, I have never heard that particular proverb before, lol!

and you call yourself Norwegian!!  LOL..  

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..