The Drop in Centre

@Thorn Wilde

Thanks for sharing that song ... i like it.  i really like the one @MacGreg posted yesterday on the status updates too. Very different but i like them.

i really never heard much music growing up. Jeff only ever wanted the TV on and said music was for 'fags'.  yeah.. go figure ...

So i like to listen. Michael who likes music, just never had anything to play any on other than his laptop. Finally a few months ago after begging for one for awhile He bought a small radio/cd player thing ... which i enjoy very much.  i like to listen to the radio.  It helps me not hear the dicks upstairs or the ringing in my ears when it's loud.  And it just makes me feel good .. it's mostly rock from the 70's to 90's .. but i like it.  I listen to classical as well.  i know nothing about it other than i like it.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

@Thorn Wilde

Thanks for sharing that song ... i like it.  i really like the one @MacGreg posted yesterday on the status updates too. Very different but i like them.

i really never heard much music growing up. Jeff only ever wanted the TV on and said music was for 'fags'.  yeah.. go figure ...

So i like to listen. Michael who likes music, just never had anything to play any on other than his laptop. Finally a few months ago after begging for one for awhile He bought a small radio/cd player thing ... which i enjoy very much.  i like to listen to the radio.  It helps me not hear the dicks upstairs or the ringing in my ears when it's loud.  And it just makes me feel good .. it's mostly rock from the 70's to 90's .. but i like it.  I listen to classical as well.  i know nothing about it other than i like it.

Music is a very important part of my life. I grew up with a lot of different stuff. Contemporary folk, a lot of Swedish and Norwegian music, and my mum was into 70s rock. Lot of Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Pink Floyd. My brother was into Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, and other grunge bands, so a lot of different influences. Now I listen a lot to weird indie stuff, lol!

I'm glad you enjoy listening to music. Listening to and playing music activates many different parts of the brain at once. That's why music, even simply instrumental music, can make people feel so much. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

What you having? I has tea.

I'm drinking so much tea now. I partially blame the English boyfriend, lol!

yes they do love their tea.  i like tea but i'm gonna make coffee .. Michael is the big tea drinker in our house.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Food is sexy. 

:yes: 

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yes they do love their tea.  i like tea but i'm gonna make coffee .. Michael is the big tea drinker in our house.

It's true, although Paul actually prefers coffee. I think he just likes making hot beverages, lol!

9 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Morning.  I need coffee, breakfast, and a hot number to serve them to me.

FYI anybody is hot if they have coffee and food they’re handing to me.

Morning, Wayne! :hug: 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning DiC

i did something really amazing, i slept, well & hard, & a bit long!

going to grab a coffee and go read Chapter 8 of Changes, Again

hope you're all well

Morning, molly! :) I'm glad you slept well.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

There's no creamer.

I don't think it can get worse.

Pray for me.

i am having coffee with milk and leftover rice with butter and salt... not quite the grilled cheese i'd envisioned. LOL ...    you need a better half who shops... i recommend one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

i am having coffee with milk and leftover rice with butter and salt... not quite the grilled cheese i'd envisioned. LOL ...    you need a better half who shops... i recommend one.

Mine's about to go shopping. He is very useful. :yes: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

Good morning denizens of the DiC! 

Chapters Changes, Again (omg, that was my brain, not autocorrect :blink:) has been read, Liked, and reviewed. The day is off to a great start... 🤗

Have a great one peeps! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Reader1810 said:

Chapters Changes, Again (omg, that was my brain, not autocorrect :blink:) has been read, Liked, and reviewed. The day is off to a great start... 🤗

Have a great one peeps! 

lol.. thanks Reader ... have a brilliant day ...

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Have a great one peeps! 

You too, Reader! :) 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Mine does shop.  He just needs to go again.  We were both mourning the lack of creamer, so I know we'll have some tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

There's no creamer.

I don't think it can get worse.

Pray for me.

most mornings, it's black coffee for me. today with heavy cream

a side benefit of having a culinary student in the house

10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm doing the shopping online this afternoon

Edited by mollyhousemouse
dang tiny buttons
  • Like 4
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Poached eggs over leftover rice make a pretty nice breakfast.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

Poached eggs over leftover rice make a pretty nice breakfast.

so thanks Wayne for saving that tidbit until i finished my rice ..LOL .. oh wait.. if i go now and eat an egg, well it will be essentially the same thing.. right?  right?

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

so thanks Wayne for saving that tidbit until i finished my rice ..LOL .. oh wait.. if i go now and eat an egg, well it will be essentially the same thing.. right?  right?

Yes.

I’m helping!  Yay!

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..