The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

31 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Just got a text from my brother telling me that my Aunt passed this morning. Glad I took off work yesterday to go up and see her. 😢

I’m so sorry for your loss. :( Glad you got to see her before the end, though. 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning all! Getting things ready for my birthday party. Happy Saturday!

Have a great day, Thorn.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Okay, I'll wish you a happy birthday then, assuming the "my" doesn't mean something you're preparing for someone else.  :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Have a grand day! Don't worry about how ancient you feel. It will pass.   :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

• Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Have a grand day! Don't worry about how ancient you feel. It will pass.   :D 

Ancient, huh? I guess that makes me prehistoric... Oh wells, with age comes wisdom, right? ;)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Ancient, huh? I guess that makes me prehistoric... Oh wells, with age comes wisdom, right? ;)

Where?  When?  I must have missed my dose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Wayne Gray said:

Where?  When?  I must have missed my dose.

You did..LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

• Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

OMG, I saw this, but I can never figure out how to capture the video links from the Weather Network. Those kids sure got a treat seeing that. 

What a great moment to get on film. Love the big guy at the end being all macho not hugging the wall until he too caved. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Just got a text from my brother telling me that my Aunt passed this morning. Glad I took off work yesterday to go up and see her. 😢

I'm sorry to hear that Fae. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Remember the good times you shared. :hug:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I've been stressing the last couple of weeks so I'm going to spoil myself this weekend.  Going to fix some shrimp scampi for lunch (much easier than it can sound) then later start the prep for boeuf bourguignon (not easy or quick - and normally not something I'd make for only myself - but worth it; going to use the "Double Down" dark red blend by Dark Horse). Then I'll turn on some music and paint the hallway doors, because I'm a freak and find that relaxing.

oh i think that sounds like a great day! and think of how the house will smell with all those wonderful things cooking!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

I'll echo what others said. Sorry for your loss, Fae. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

That’s too bad, I guess they closed that exhibit, because I know I didn’t imagine them (it was almost five years ago, after all) 

Anyway, if you want to see some penguins, this is the Ripley’s in Tennessee  Penguin cam.

https://www.ripleyaquariums.com/gatlinburg/penguin-cam/

Penguins are not a frisky bunch, are they? Not a whole lot going on there. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..