The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

5 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Monday again.  I hope you're all having a great one.  🙂

hi Wayne! 👋 having come in on Saturday to clean up my task list, today is wonderful hope your day is good too!

• Like 4

Think I am going to have a sign made for over my desk.

"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

Perhaps a second one as well.

" I cannot fix what I don't know is broken. Contrary to popular belief, I cannot read minds."

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Kitt said:

" I cannot fix what I don't know is broken. Contrary to popular belief, I cannot read minds."

If anybody is offended by that then you'll know they are who the sign is born to serve.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
30 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I am SO amused right now!  Hehehe.

I ordered a big, heavy piece of equipment through Amazon early last week.  Well, since I didn't pay for express shipping, Fed Ex scheduled delivery for 9 July.  Our of curiosity I tracked it.  Well, the thing arrived in town two days after I ordered it (19 June).  So it's literally just sitting in their damn warehouse, all because I wouldn't shell out a big chunk of change to rush it.

Well, Fed Ex just called.  They hate the big box taking up space in their warehouse.  Asked if they could deliver my machine tomorrow vs July 9.

"Yes.  That would be acceptable.  11 AM - 2 PM?  Yep.  That works.  See you then."

Hung up, cackling with glee.

I was then informed by coworkers that I have a laugh like a supervillain when I beat the system.

So, that’s how it’s done. Must remember this trick for next time. :thumbup: 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Right after I started working where I am now my BOSS gave me a small sign that read: "Wait a moment. I need to put on my 'Gosh, I really care' face".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

39 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Right after I started working where I am now my BOSS gave me a small sign that read: "Wait a moment. I need to put on my 'Gosh, I really care' face".

Real talk: I have one of those glass faces that doesn't hide thoughts very easily ...........

it's a struggle sometimes in my work

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

evening DiC

hope all is well for you

Hi molly, and the same to you and yours.

T-storms in the forecast - with lots of rain - for the next three hours. It’s starting to feel like something is on its way...

• Like 3

Just now, Reader1810 said:

Hi molly, and the same to you and yours.

T-storms in the forecast - with lots of rain - for the next three hours. It’s starting to feel like something is on its way...

we had that from about 2 am to 6 be safe Reader

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we had that from about 2 am to 6 be safe Reader

I’m inside after a lovely walk and staying put. I did note, there is a family having a late BBQ in my building’s yard at the moment. I hope they finish enjoying their evening outdoors before the rain starts. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

When he's happy he likes to cook.  I love mushrooms. I am happy with them fried .. but I got wonderful stuffed ones. They were filled with spinach, garlic, ground almonds, butter and parmesan on top. 

hello Michael Sir
how was Your day?

• Like 3

Just now, MichaelS36 said:

Busy molly, but fine.  Yours? 

very much the same, Michael Sir
started with emails customers in the Czech Republic and the UK and didn't slow down until i logged off at 4:30

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

very much the same, Michael Sir
started with emails customers in the Czech Republic and the UK and didn't slow down until i logged off at 4:30

Sounds like a busy day.. I prefer them as they rather fly by.   I just wanted to pop in to say hello.  Time for me to put the boy to bed.  Have a good night. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Sounds like a busy day.. I prefer them as they rather fly by.   I just wanted to pop in to say hello.  Time for me to put the boy to bed.  Have a good night. 

i like them that way too
good night Sir
good night tim

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good afternoon DiCers. I wish you all a great day. :) 

25 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Reader 👋
hope your afternoon is a good one!

Hello Reader, molly - 

happy afternoon to you both

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..