The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Yep, you’re right about the rain/thunderstorm warnings. The only thing they’ve got right so far are the heat warnings. 

Weathermen here are normally pretty accurate.

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Weathermen here are normally pretty accurate.

As tim said, we haven’t had any of the forecasted storms, though I did hear one big clap of thunder one night. I kind of like thunderstorms, so I wouldn’t mind if we had one - as long as I was inside to watch it, that is. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

You know you've been using your hands to much, when the cramp up and you have to use your phone to send messages with your thumbs. 

Lurker mode for a while.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Hey, did anyone notice the two TOP STORIES this morning? @AC Benus translated poetry and a kids' story. How about that for diversity and inclusivity?

You should read those poems... from a WWI soldier .. yeah he happened to be German but I doubt they were very much different to our own young men who did what they thought was right. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Site Moderator

Ranting in 3... 2... 1...

I was just at the corner store. Am I asking too much when I believe the person behind me should wait until I finish my turn (esp. debit transaction) before they come right up to the counter and place their items beside mine? I mean most people know to do this, so what's wrong with the one's who don't? Were they raised in a cave? :unsure: 

I'm not talking about items that are hot (from the hot food section) or heavy, but items that are small and easily held in hand. This has happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks. Btw, both offenders were neither elderly nor infirm in appearance. 

Thinking back, I wish I'd accidentally elbowed the one from today - she was that close - but, that would be mean, wouldn't it? 

Okay, rant over, please return to your regularly - and more enjoyable, I'm sure - scheduled programming. 

• Wow 3

18 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Ranting in 3... 2... 1...

I was just at the corner store. Am I asking too much when I believe the person behind me should wait until I finish my turn (esp. debit transaction) before they come right up to the counter and place their items beside mine? I mean most people know to do this, so what's wrong with the one's who don't? Were they raised in a cave? :unsure: 

I'm not talking about items that are hot (from the hot food section) or heavy, but items that are small and easily held in hand. This has happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks. Btw, both offenders were neither elderly nor infirm in appearance. 

Thinking back, I wish I'd accidentally elbowed the one from today - she was that close - but, that would be mean, wouldn't it? 

Okay, rant over, please return to your regularly - and more enjoyable, I'm sure - scheduled programming. 

Some people don't understand personal space.  Suggestion.. rather than elbowing. which is rather hard to explain.. pretend to be startled, like you've seen something out the corner of your eye.. and stomp on their foot.  The sheepishly apologize and say.. "If you hadn't right next to me.. "

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Some people don't understand personal space.  Suggestion.. rather than elbowing. which is rather hard to explain.. pretend to be startled, like you've seen something out the corner of your eye.. and stomp on their foot.  The sheepishly apologize and say.. "If you hadn't right next to me.. "

I’ll have to remember this. Then again, I am a bit of a klutz, so knocking into someone accidentally  as I turn to leave isn’t beyond the realm of possibilities. Just saying...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Sirs and friends 

my wish for everyone is that they had an outstanding Saturday.

my couple of days off have refreshed my spirits so that is what I’m so grateful for. My sister and brother had a great time together which made both of them happy. my brother is getting along much better. we go back to the Doctor on Monday to see if his restrictions can be lifted. this would make him so happy. 

this is my new favorite quote. 

“Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayya 

Now catching up on what I missed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

my couple of days off have refreshed my spirits so that is what I’m so grateful for. My sister and brother had a great time together which made both of them happy. my brother is getting along much better. we go back to the Doctor on Monday to see if his restrictions can be lifted. this would make him so happy. 

That's great. i'm glad you had a good time. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

Sounds like a sibling get-together was just what all you needed. Good to hear you all had a great time, and that your brother is doing well. :) 

Edit: PS, I like that quote, too. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

staying up late to watch a movie is great fun, until you start thinking about the fact that you have to be up to do things tomorrow
Phil says i think too much
good night Sirs, and friends
see everyone tomorrow
the candle has been lit to guide the wanderers to a place of comfort

c204_b_candle-car.jpg.ac53e7a7bf5d33970c14b5eee3914b6f.jpg

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 3

Sirs and friends 

my wish for everyone today is a great Sunday.

I wanted to share a new thought as you start your day. 

I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.” – Larry King

• Like 3

Me right now... before I head off:

g4f1w.jpg

Still resting hands today.

EDIT: the original meme, and movie quote, which could apply today as well:

Spoiler

3r76wl.jpg

Edited by Brayon
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Me right now... before I head off:

g4f1w.jpg

Still resting hands today.

so .... i broke the carafe to my coffee maker Wednesday night, haven't had coffee at home since then. bout a new coffee maker with the groceries today 😀

• Like 1

hello Sirs and friends, 
we went to the flea market, saw nearly all of it. lots of junk, a few treasures that i would have liked to buy, 
Phil found another wooden duck for his collection, and a beautiful crystal decanter with matching glasses
it was so good to go away, just us
hope y'all had a good day too

• Like 4

Sirs and friends 

i hope you all had a restful and peaceful Sunday.

I would like to share this quote with all of The Sirs and my friends in DiC. 

I may not be where I want to be but I'm thankful for not being where I used to be.

Habeeb Akande

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..