Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  139 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

43 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

The current theory is they were gang members from Sweden trying to impress other gangs. They've arrested one person and is looking for another. But the those thing is kept under wraps right now, so we don't know wtf is goinf on.

But it did inspire a SATW comic  https://satwcomic.com/double-attack

:blushing:  :thankyou:

I saw that comic but didn't get it. I thought it was a regional issue and lo and behold it is.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Dughlas hoping your well today:hug::kiss:

Greetings Albert. See below or above or wherever the bluefish it is ... 🥴

Edited by dughlas
  • Haha 5

• Site Administrator
14 minutes ago, dughlas said:

So I'm going to vent at you folks ...

On Friday morning I went to the stove to make my brekkie. Turned on the burner and the gas lit. As I was reaching for the skillet the flame went out. Oops. So I turned the burner off a moment and turned it back on. Nothing. No hiss no smell of gas. Nothing. Idiot, I thought, for you see I use so little propane, less than 2 gallons a year, that a couple years ago my supplier took me off auto-delivery and put me on "will call". I knew it had been awhile so thought I'd let myself run out. I called my provider and explained I thought I was out of propane and needed to schedule for them to make a delivery. I was told that all the drivers were out. To have it done that day would incur an extra fee. Well I didn't need it immediately and with Faire thought okay Monday would be fine. I was told they would call the day before to let me know when they would be by. Monday came and went. No call, no delivery. Around 10 am yesterday I called to ask about it. I was told that the schedule had been done for the week on Friday and I wouldn't be getting a delivery until next week. Needless to say I was not happy. I explained that no one told me it would be more than a week until a routine delivery could be made. That I thought it terrible customer service that someone out of propane would need to wait so long and left with out a means to cook meals. I said I understood it was partially my fault since I hadn't called sooner but asked how a customer was to know the tank was nearly empty. When we bought the house 36+ years ago our propane supplier was locally owned a few years later a larger local supplier bought them and finally Amerigas bought them so I've been a customer on their books for a long time. Now keep in mind I'm struggling with a migraine and medicated throughout this ordeal. Finally she offers to check with her supervisor about what could be done. Well, it was too late to squeeze me in Tuesday but they could do it for today, Wednesday. I asked if she had any idea when. She apologized and said no but I could call after 7:30am and she could tell me then. I thanked her and hung up. This morning Thistle and I pulled in the drive after our walk at 6:55 am and there was the delivery truck. I apologized for not being there as I didn't know he'd be so early. He said no problem he'd just arrived. Cool. I explained I that since the tank was empty I would need to be there because of what he would need to do. He was surprised because he hadn't been told the tank was empty but that wasn't a problem it just meant there were a few things he'd need to do. I thanked him and said I needed to take the dog in just knock on the backdoor when he needed me. As I turned away I heard a loud hiss. Well that was a plus. It meant there was still pressure in the tank so one of the extra steps would not be neccessary. Cool. I took Thistle in the house. Less than 5 minutes later there was a knock at the door. My tank wasn't empty. He only put 2.9 gallons in it. Why did I think it was empty? So I explained about turning on the burner only to watch the flame go out. He asked if I smelled gas. I did not. He thought it likely the regulator was at fault. He went back to his truck to make a call then returned to tell me he'd called his boss to put in a service order for a tech to come check the regulator. He also told me if I hadn't heard anything by lunch to call and check on it. At 1pm I called. This time it was a different woman so I explained the situation and was calling to check on the status of the service order. She was surprised, it seems she is the service scheduler and didn't no anything about it. She asked to put me on hold while she investigated. A couple of minutes later she was back. She could put in the service order and if it was the regulator there would be no charge but if it was my stove I would receive a charge. I asked how we're going to know if they didn't send a tech out to check. She agreed we wouldn't but she needed to warn me about the potential of a charge. Well since if I wait a few hours and try lighting the stove the same thing happens regardless of which burner I tried and the delivery driver's first thought was a faulty regulator I though it a good idea to start there. The earliest appointment available is Thursday, September 5. Maybe if I'm lucky someone will cancel and they might come sooner. Twenty days from the time I made the initial call until a tech can come. Just how am I to prepare meals? I would like to tell them that I'm not paying the annual equipment rental fee of $130 due at the end of this month until it's fixed and that if it turns out to be the fault of their equipment I expect some sort of compensation for the inconvenience I suffered. I realize that I am a piddly little cog in their customer base, I used less than three gallons of propane roughly $13 worth in two years but customer service is customer service. I've spent my entire life in this area and know lots of people I can share this with. Okay, I'm done. My head still aches though not as badly so I'll treat myself to dinner out tonight. I've frozen items that require stovetop preparation. Tomorrow I'll stock up on things for sandwiches and salads. So think of me when you make the those yummy dinners and know I'm cussing. 

:hug:   Wow... that's terrible customer service!   What a PITA to have to deal with that on top of a migraine :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

OMG Donald is calling himself "the chosen one"

"Chosen" to clean the toilet maybe but he lacks the experience neccessary I'm certain.

Edited by dughlas
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

The current theory is they were gang members from Sweden trying to impress other gangs. They've arrested one person and is looking for another. But the those thing is kept under wraps right now, so we don't know wtf is goinf on.

But it did inspire a SATW comic  https://satwcomic.com/double-attack

:blushing:  :thankyou:

Hi, Tim. :hug: 

• Like 4

Just now, Headstall said:

That is unacceptable, dugh. I can't tell you what to do, but I think phone calls each morning to check if there are any cancellations might at least have them not forget about you. I couldn't imagine dealing with not having a stove... I consider it a necessity. So sorry. :hug: 

I totally agree with Gary plus at some point I would said can I speak to your supervisor :yes:

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..