Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

• Site Administrator

I printed two winter/Christmas themed activity sheets for my individuals to choose from today.  One was a picture of a cat wearing a Santa hat.  One of my individuals colored the cat yellow.  I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from giggling uncontrollably, since she had colored one of Gary's peed-on barn cats. :rofl:  :rofl:  

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Headstall said:

I have chores, buddy. My herd of cats don't feed themselves. :P 

Let them in, no more risks of you hurting yourself or catching a cold -_-they'd even keep you warm ;) 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

I had lunch at Taproot Cider House today. On the menu: pizza. Butternut squash puree, mozzarella cheese, maple-roasted Brussels sprouts, diced apples, smoked bacon, and chèvre on a wood-fired crust from their house-made dough.  :wub:

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Headstall said:

It's raining here already. I'm worried it will turn to freezing rain... increases my chances of falling on my ass. :(  :P 

Tie a pillow to your butt. That's what they did with me when I tried to learn to skate.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Headstall said:

True... I'll sweeten the pot for everyone... this guy can cook, and those big eyes... sigh....

Since Val has already chosen TWO I think she should be excluded from choosing this one too. Mum and I could use some younger help baking cookies. he just needs an apron.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mum and I baked cookies and Thistle went to Doggie Day Camp this morning. We baked chocolate thumbprint cookies and I was reminded that I had promised to share the recipe last year and forgot ..

Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies

Recipe makes 4 dozen

1 Cup margarine (Mum uses butter flavored Crisco)

11/3 Cup sugar

4 egg yolks (beat egg whites until frothy and set aside)

4 Tbsp milk

2 tsp vanilla extract

2 Cups flour

2/3 Cup cocoa

½ tsp salt

¾ to 1 Cup finely chopped nuts (we use walnuts but believe almonds or pecans would be tasty too)

Preheat oven to 350 f

Cream together margarine, sugar, egg yolks, milk and vanilla extract.

Combine dry ingredients (flour, cocoa and salt) and add to wet ingredients.

Chill for 1 hour or overnight.

Roll into 1 inch balls (I use a cookie scoop). Dip in beaten egg white and coat in chopped nuts. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press thumbprint in center.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Cool.

Add ¼ tsp frosting (recipe below) and top with Hershey Kiss.

Frosting

Mix together:

1 Cup 10x sugar

2 Tbsp Butter

4 tsp milk

½ tsp vanilla extract

Edited by dughlas
  • Love 4

• Site Administrator
11 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Since Val has already chosen TWO I think she should be excluded from choosing this one too. Mum and I could use some younger help baking cookies. he just needs an apron.

I didn't choose this one so 😛  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

And they could hire someone to feed them :yes:

Point one, they dont need to hire someone. They have Gary.

Point two, you dont hire slaves, you buy them.

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..