Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 minutes ago, clochette said:

Hey Marty :hug: it's always nice to work in the garden and at least it's good tiredness. Was the weather good for you too? A couple of days ago it was still freezing in the morning and quite cold all day kind but today it was 20°C this afternoon and the morning was nice too. 

Hi, Clo! :hug: 

Although the forecast was for showers, the day actually stayed dry. It was cold to begin with, and felt colder due to a fairly strong breeze, but the temperature got up to around 11°C later in the day. Clouds and sun. I'm told to expect showery weather tomorrow until Monday afternoon; but hopefully the met office have it wrong again and it stays dry.

Mind you, it's hardly rained since the builder fixed the leaky gutter on the roof. I wouldn't mind a real prolonged downpour, just to see for sure that the leak has stopped. :yes: 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Albert1434 said:

Where is every one? Well I am cooking artichokes for an appetizer:yes:

Hi, Albert. :hug: I haven't been having the best day... but I'm around. :) 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I was going to work on a story I've had sitting for ages, and when I opened it (it's all on one document), I found it was missing at least two lengthy scenes. This isn't the first time it's happened, and I can rewrite them, but does anyone know how it happens? Like, is there a delete shortcut I might be hitting by accident... like Control and another key? Or is there something in Word I could be doing? It's been a while since I opened the doc, and I don't know what I did last... I might have copied and pasted things around... arghhhh

In future maybe think about saving two copies? Perhaps one on your hard drive and one on a USB stick? :unsure2:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

On 4/3/2020 at 6:55 PM, Valkyrie said:

Well, I received some bad news today.  I'm being put on furlough.  They don't feel there's enough work for all of us, and I have the least seniority, so bye bye me.  :( 

Can you file for unemployment?  

• Like 5

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Can you file for unemployment?  

Yup.  I'll be filing as soon as I get my official letter.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..