Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 minute ago, Headstall said:

I might be thinking about a book I read by Grey Owl, a famous Canadian writer who said he was half native and Scottish, but turned out to be from England. He was really into beaver conservation. Pretty cool guy. 

I've a couple of books by Grey Owl somewhere, at least one of them supposedly signed by him (although I suspect the signature was done as part of the actual printing).

Definitely a cool guy, although he lost a lot of his credibility when it was discovered that he was lying about his real heritage. He was actually born and reared in the town of Hastings in the south of England (the Hastings made famous in 1066 with the Battle of Hastings, and the Norman conquest of England).

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I might be thinking about a book I read by Grey Owl, a famous Canadian writer who said he was half native and Scottish, but turned out to be from England. He was really into beaver conservation. Pretty cool guy. 

One of my favorite authors growing up was Gary Paulsen. I loved the book Hatchet. :yes:  Actually, I still do.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 4

I have my eye on a number of books on Amazon. Some books aren't publicly available yet, but will be published at a later date this year. These are the titles of which all physical copies are unavailable for pre-order. Oh, and they all have LGBT themes, too!

The Fell of Dark, by Caleb Roehrig

The Friend System, by Cale Dietrich

If We Were Us, by K. L. Walther

Conventionally Yours, by Annabeth Albert

The Boy in the Red Dress, by Kristin Lambert

When You Get the Chance, by Tom Ryan

Darius the Great Deserves Better, by Adib Khorram

The Shadow of Kyoshi, by F. C. Yee

The Ninth Life, by Taylor B. Barton

Here the Whole Time, by Vitor Martins

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..