Afternoon, Dugh, Mum, and Thistle.  :hug:  *scratches Thistle on his belly*

Hey, Bobber.  :hug:

Hey, Bertie and Steve.  :kiss:  :hug:

Hey, Gary.  :kiss:

Hey, Drewberry Pi!  :kiss:  :hug:

Hi. Pagey. :hug: 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Made it safely as far as the motel in NC. Encountered one insane person, well actually two. I was in the left lane passing some slower traffic and suddenly there was a car two feet off my back bumper. She appeared out of nowhere. Traffic was pretty heavy so there was nothing I could do to get out of her way. I was going 75 and she was ranting like mad. She was so close. I couldn't see the grill or the front edge of the hood in my mirror. At one point I thought she was going to try to pass me on the left hand shoulder. Finally I got to a gap in traffic where I could get over into the right lane but before I could she whipped around me cutting off the guy in the right lane. She had to be doing 90.

Later, just about 20 minutes from where we're spending the night we were nearly hit by someone changing lanes. They were driving in the left lane a bit ahead of us. I was in the right and travelling slightly faster. I was almost to the point of driving side-by-side when they sped up and got just far enough ahead that I was in their blind spot. Suddenly their right indicator came on. Had I not seen that they would have cut right into me. As it was I braked hard and hit my horn just avoiding them. The guy following them braked too. As soon as he got clear he accelerated away because the car that cut me off slowed enough that I had to swerve into the left lane to avoid rear-ending them. Fortunately there were no other cars near us.

Some don't understand this special time of year, or the meaning behind,,, Peace on earth, goodwill toward man. :(  Glad you guys made it despite the lunatics. :hug: 

• Love 5
  • Site Administrator
49 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Made it safely as far as the motel in NC. Encountered one insane person, well actually two. I was in the left lane passing some slower traffic and suddenly there was a car two feet off my back bumper. She appeared out of nowhere. Traffic was pretty heavy so there was nothing I could do to get out of her way. I was going 75 and she was ranting like mad. She was so close. I couldn't see the grill or the front edge of the hood in my mirror. At one point I thought she was going to try to pass me on the left hand shoulder. Finally I got to a gap in traffic where I could get over into the right lane but before I could she whipped around me cutting off the guy in the right lane. She had to be doing 90.

Later, just about 20 minutes from where we're spending the night we were nearly hit by someone changing lanes. They were driving in the left lane a bit ahead of us. I was in the right and travelling slightly faster. I was almost to the point of driving side-by-side when they sped up and got just far enough ahead that I was in their blind spot. Suddenly their right indicator came on. Had I not seen that they would have cut right into me. As it was I braked hard and hit my horn just avoiding them. The guy following them braked too. As soon as he got clear he accelerated away because the car that cut me off slowed enough that I had to swerve into the left lane to avoid rear-ending them. Fortunately there were no other cars near us.

The crazy is strong out there.  I'm glad you're safe.  I witnessed a road rage accident not too long ago.  It's getting scarier and scarier on the roads.  :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..