Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

16 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Ohh... yeah Perrin's arc is something I'd rather forget, especially because of his "emo phase" during the middle books, lol.

Yep, Jordan kinda messed up the series in his own way, stretching out the plot to ridiculous lengths where the 8th, 9th, and 10th book should have all just been one.   

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, spike382 said:

Yep, Jordan kinda messed up the series in his own way, stretching out the plot to ridiculous lengths where the 8th, 9th, and 10th book should have all just been one.   

I agree, especially because those books often covered the same time frame, like in one book we'd follow a character as a month elapsed, but in the next book, we'd cover that same month just from a different character's pov...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, spike382 said:

Exactly! And there was no need for so many Aes Sedai. Their names all blended together because they weren't fleshed out characters. He should have put a common prefix in front of all the 'free' ones at least, IMO.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

I agree, especially because those books often covered the same time frame, like in one book we'd follow a character as a month elapsed, but in the next book, we'd cover that same month just from a different character's pov...

I really enjoyed the first season of the Netflix (or Amazon?) series. It includes all the important stuff without dragging it out the way Jordan did. I'm looking forward to the next season... hope they don't screw it up.

Come to think of it, I think "Wheel of Time" had some influence on how I write. I abhor dragging things out. I let the characters tell me how to proceed... not some need to write more words. :unsure: 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Two Aes Sedai were named Seaine and Saerin... it took me a long time to figure out who was who... :rolleyes: 

And so many seemed to start with "A". It was annoying as hell. 

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Exactly! And there was no need for so many Aes Sedai. Their names all blended together because they weren't fleshed out characters. He should have put a common prefix in front of all the 'free' ones at least, IMO.

They didn’t just have similar names, they all had the exact same personality.  It actually got to a point where every female character had that same toxic personality eventually.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..