Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Just now, Albert1434 said:

I wish it was here but not hot hot hot this week and we have a HUGE FIRE!

I have seen some of the news reports for both US and Europe. Some big fires all around

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 3

The Mediterranean sea was tested at 31°C! Temperatures usually found in the Caribbeans and bringing fishes form the Indian Ocean 

Edited by clochette
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 2

I am having a dinner party for my next door neighbor!

Were having:

Vichyssoise

Sous-Vide Rib Eye Steak

Bake Potato

Roasted Asparagus with Hollandaise

White Chocolate Creme  Brulee

Edited by Albert1434
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, spike382 said:

Well folks, I officially also have Covid.  Just tested positive a couple of hours ago.  It's been mild symptoms since yesterday, but when my coworker tested positive I wanted to make sure.  They gave me some meds and sent me home to rest.  Well on the plus side off work until next Monday.  :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club :hug: hope you won't feel to bad and youll get better soon. Drink lot of water and rest :kiss:

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, clochette said:

Glad to hear you're feeling good :hug:what kind of surgery was it?

Oh and did you said weird shit when you woke up from the anesthesia? :gikkle: I remember pissed mumbling to Looping

I had cataract surgery on my right eye.  Doctor will schedule the left eye after today's checkup.  I was trying to maintain my focus on balancing, and don't remember talking too much.  Although I probably would have if I stayed long enough.  I didn't worry about someone hearing anything, since most of the staff speak very little English.  Any word they didn't understand sent them off to find the interpreter.  😄  In spite of the language problem, they provided wonderful service.   Off to see the doctor now.  I'll check back later.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, spike382 said:

Well folks, I officially also have Covid.  Just tested positive a couple of hours ago.  It's been mild symptoms since yesterday, but when my coworker tested positive I wanted to make sure.  They gave me some meds and sent me home to rest.  Well on the plus side off work until next Monday.  :rolleyes:

Look after yourself, buddy. It was not a pleasant thing for me and I still have some lingering effects. :hug: 

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Just got back from the check up.  Doctor is very happy.  I can believe how much brighter the world is with the new lense.  Still have to wear a patch for 9 more days.

Hi Spike!  How are you feeling today?  I hope you're OK and feeling better!  

Grow Get Well Soon GIF by The SOL Foundation

• Like 3
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Just got back from the check up.  Doctor is very happy.  I can believe how much brighter the world is with the new lense.  Still have to wear a patch for 9 more days.

It is more than 6 weeks until Talk Like A Pirate Day - maybe you can keep the patch until then?

• Haha 5
25 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

It is more than 6 weeks until Talk Like A Pirate Day - maybe you can keep the patch until then?

By then I will have 2 patches.  I will have to spray paint one of the black.  I have never seen a pirate with a white eye patch.  Maybe do a rainbow patch. Online I found out that the celebration of the day originated in Albany, Oregon, home of one of my alma maters, OSU

Image result for talk like a pirate day 2022

International Talk Like a Pirate Day is a parodic holiday created in 1995 by John Baur (Ol' Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap'n Slappy), of Albany, Oregon, who proclaimed September 19 each year as the day when everyone in the world should talk like a pirate.

I could also take lessons to talk like a pirate. This is only lesson one.  There are more lessons and even more YouTube videos like this. :rofl:

Edited by raven1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Terry!  :hug: You crack me up!  :rofl:

Thanks Page! 😄:hug:Bucket gave me the inspiration  to look  the day up.  I had no idea there was such a day. Of course in responding to Bucket, I had to go one further and look up how to talk like a pirate.  That was the first video I found.  I am pretty sure the whole video including the school was one big spoof.  

How are you and your guys doing today?

Edited by raven1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..