Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Man we have been getting a hell of a  lot of rain. Thunder storms. Wed we got more rain then in the whole of 2022! Which has caused flooding in some areas!

Image result for gif rain

See the source image

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
4 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

He gets the weekend off :2thumbs:

And I am looking forward to it!  Got my haircut today, so I look nice for tomorrow.  It's Date Night with Aod.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Man we have been getting a hell of a  lot of rain. Thunder storms. Wed we got more rain then in the whole of 2022!

Image result for gif rain

See the source image

That is the kind of storm we get in Chiang Mai this time of year.  Rain so hard you can't see things 100 meters away, and lightning that takes out transformers left and right. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2

The Earth Is Spinning so Fast, We Might Have to Turn Back the Clock

As CBS News reports, June 29 was the fastest day in recorded history, clocking in at 1.59 milliseconds shorter than the average 24 hours we know and love.

According to a recent study, the Earth started to spin faster back in 2016 — and, on average, the days have become shorter ever since.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 1
45 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Dont go on the roof to look at them!:rofl:

Can't do that!  I'm afraid the elevators would go out and I would be stuck inside of one of them.  I could look at them from the balcony of my apartment, but then I would get soaking wet in less than 10 seconds.  It does rain that hard and the wind has blown the rain against my windows so hard at times that the water is pushed underneath them and into the room.  No joke.  😧

• Wow 5
12 hours ago, spike382 said:

What film is RRR?  I seem to have missed Gary’s post.

Also, @Bucket1, apparently I missed your birthday.  So a heartfelt Happy Belated Birthday to my favorite Aussie. 
I was gonna send you a new murder spider axe, but for some reason the newly equipped rocket launcher attachment wouldn’t go through Fed Ex… 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hey, spikeman! :hug: What Albert said. It's an Indian movie and it is fabulously over the top and entertaining. Not something I would normally think of watching but my S-I-L recommended it to me. I will watch it again someday soon. :) 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All:hug::kiss:

See the source image

Aloha, Albert. :hug:  :kiss: 

10 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Hi Terry :hug:

Cold but no rain or wind today. The wind was quite fierce here but it’s now heading to the east coast. We had some minor flooding on the roads but all good now :2thumbs:

I think I might make a trip to the laundromat as clothes will not dry in this weather. Not exactly a huge treat but I do like putting on warm socks :) 

Hello, Mister B. :hug: 

3 hours ago, raven1 said:

Still waiting for the date to be scheduled, but I am looking forward to the operation next week sometime.

Hi, Terry. :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, clochette said:

Hi gang :hug:

Woke up to a light rain and some fresh wind but now all is clear with a gorgeous blue sky. I'll go for a dip in the water this afternoon 

Edit: no dip in the water. Uncle insist on going to see an aunt so we took the car and drove around with no adress and no phone number. When we got her phone number she wasn't home. So we went back to the rental but of course there were no more parking spots. Everyone get to the beach by 3pm so now we are hanging out at the mall. I'll let you have it... I am beyond pissed and fuming. I should have put my foot down and said we'd go see that aunt later in the afternoon cause I wanted to go to the beach. I mean come on it's literally a crime to rent an apartment less than 10 meters from the sand and not go!

And I have run out of all my social energy credit for the day. It's not even 6pm yet. I wanna roll into a ball and read in peace

Sorry you had a wasted day, Tink. :hug:  Make tomorrow beach day! :D 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, spike382 said:

Honestly Gary, a ton of those Indian films are refreshingly over the top.   There was a Bollywood Jaws ripoff that had a full musical number before the swimmer was eaten by the shark.  :lol:

There is a lot of depth to the the storyline of RRR, especially from a historical perspective. We have our super heroes and so does Bollywood. :) 

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..