Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

The Strange Tradition That Alerted The Queen's Bees Of Her Death

As the world reacts to the death of Britain's longest-serving monarch, Queen Elizabeth II, Buckingham Palace's queen bees and their bee colonies learned about Her Majesty's death earlier today through an old tradition (per the Daily Mail). John Chapple, who is the official royal beekeeper, went to the Buckingham Palace grounds where the queen's bee hives are located to inform the insects of Queen Elizabeth II's passing.

According to JSTOR Daily, this tradition of "telling the bees" of any major life updates, such as marriage or death, has its roots in Celtic mythology. The tradition became especially popular in the U.S. and Western Europe during the 18th and 19th centuries. It's a symbolic tradition that continues to this day, as it's believed that the bees could stop producing honey or die if they were not informed and "put into mourning," per the Daily Mail.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

5 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Dugh.  :hug: How goes the Ren Faire?

Mornin' Page. It's been a good season so far. Nice crowds of happy folks. Both the last two ended on wet notes however, with rainy days on Labor Day and yesterday. We need the rain as it's been awfully dry here just would have been nice had it not happened on the weekend.

• Love 5

First day back to class! 

My friend Deborah, who lives upstairs, tested positive this morning... 

Apparently the neighbors had answered to my notes from Friday but their was gone when I got home last night. Their was saying the scooter by my car was a one time thing but about the strollers in the corridor that I'm exaggerating and that anyway they're moving out by the end of the month so they won't bother me anymore so 🤞

Have a nice Monday friends :hug:

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2

58 minutes ago, clochette said:

First day back to class! 

My friend Deborah, who lives upstairs, tested positive this morning... 

Apparently the neighbors had answered to my notes from Friday but their was gone when I got home last night. Their was saying the scooter by my car was a one time thing but about the strollers in the corridor that I'm exaggerating and that anyway they're moving out by the end of the month so they won't bother me anymore so 🤞

Have a nice Monday friends :hug:

Great news Clo!  The inconsiderate neighbors will be gone in a few weeks.  Make sure the manager let's you interview any prospective tenants to make sure they are better neighbors! The manager owes you for all you have put up with those people.   :2thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..