Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

36 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

My nephew's cat gets the zoomies - still a kitten so may grow out of it?

Orange is 10+ years and still gets the zoomies.  You would think we grow catnip in all the potted plants in our condo, but that's not the case.  She will be calm, the jump off the table or sofa going full speed running through the condo.  She also likes to end these runs by jumping and climbing several feet up the sliding screen door to the balconies. She knows how to open the drawers where we store clothes.  She loves to sleep on our clean clothes leaving her gifts of shedded hair. GRRRR!  I don't think cats ever grow up.  They only sleep more as they age.

• Haha 5
40 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Hello Terry :hug:

A bit toasty here today overnight minimum of 30C :rolleyes: top of 38C

I have had the aircon on for a good bit of the day.

That's a contrast from here.  Going into summer is the dry season, so it is more like September weather in the northern hemisphere.  Dry, blue skies, warm days and cool evenings, night and mornings.  I use the aircon for maybe an hour or two when the temps get to 30 C.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Orange is 10+ years and still gets the zoomies.  You would think we grow catnip in all the potted plants in our condo, but that's not the case.  She will be calm, the jump off the table or sofa going full speed running through the condo.  She also likes to end these runs by jumping and climbing several feet up the sliding screen door to the balconies. She knows how to open the drawers where we store clothes.  She loves to sleep on our clean clothes leaving her gifts of shedded hair. GRRRR!  I don't think cats ever grow up.  They only sleep more as they age.

My 8 year old black cat still gets the midnight zoomies...I sometimes can hear him racing up the stairs, turning on the landing and then racing back down.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bucket1 said:

My nephew's cat gets the zoomies - still a kitten so may grow out of it?

Nope :gikkle:

Last week Looping decided it would be fun to wake up at 4.30, run around the apartment, making noise, even pulling half the sand of the litter box out of it. When he was done, at 5am, he came sniffing my head but as I was ignoring him he smacked my face big time! And then 5 minutes later he was happily snoozing in his couch by the radiator :rolleyes:

• Haha 5
4 hours ago, clochette said:

Happy sunday gang! 

It's a face mask, manicure and netflix kind of day here after waking up at 1pm  :yawn:

Netflix sounds good to me. Maybe with a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch.  :)

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..