Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Crossing fingers that the weather behaves for you

It got quiet again a few minutes ago, but the balconies are all wet, including the cushions on the chairs.  At least I don't have to water the plants today or tomorrow.  😄

Edited by raven1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

Dull and cloudy but the temperature is nice and mild.

I had a disappointing phone call this morning from one of our sponsors, they are cutting their contribution by 25% from September and possibly more later in the year. So we need to find a way to plug the gap or it could mean losing a paid member of staff. I've got two appointments next week so I have my fingers crossed.

Not good news!  I hope there are no further cuts.  Also, I hope that you will find some more sponsors.  What you do is too important to so many people. I'll send my prayer your way.

As for the weather, it is much the same here today.

Edited by raven1
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, raven1 said:

Good on Max!  I enjoy hearing about his culinary explorations.  A Chinese restaurant in the USA serves American food, not Chinese. 

Yeah, a lot of "Chinese" restaurants in America just serve an idea of Chinese food, not the traditional cuisine. There are exceptions, of course, and some of them are highly rated. I think trying a new restaurant could be good for me.  :)

Indian restaurants can be very inconsistent with their spices, I've heard. There was one story on Reddit about a place that had six levels of heat on their menu: American mild, American medium, American spicy, and then Indian mild, Indian medium, Indian spicy.  :lol:

6 hours ago, raven1 said:

He, however, decided he wanted me and constantly flirted with me.  I thought he was joking until he let one of my best friends who is German and a few years older than me that he was serious.  We dated for about a year before I asked him to move in with me.  We’ve been living happily together for the last 12 years.  That’s it!

A love story for the ages!  :gikkle:

• Love 5

4 hours ago, raven1 said:

There were some changes in the USA before I left, but British Columbia had much better Chinese food.  From what my Thai friends tell me, Australia has some great Asian food restaurants.  I suppose that is the result of being closer to Asia and the immigration policies of Australia.  

OMG!  In the time it to me to write the last two comments, the weather went from calm. cloudy but warm to torrential rain with very high wind gusts!  

I lived in San Francisco for 35 year's the city had the best Chinese, Indian, and Thai food. Now some dishes such as sweet and sour pork is a American dish. But you could get shark fin soup. One of my fav's was clam's in black bean sauce! 

Menu - Yank Sing

Sorry Terry I don't agree!

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1