Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

Hello young Albert :hug:

How is the weather treating you?

Hopefully better than Black Rock City. The ebola outbreak at Burning Man plus the mutant creatures eating folks feet sounds like an average Australian camping trip :P 

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

31 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

I did my stint of jury duty, not exactly a free vacation :( 

I agree Bucket.  It was completely boring for most of the two weeks I sat waiting in the courthouse.  I did get selected as a juror for one very short case.  It was interesting because I and the other jurors clearly saw the prosecuting attorney didn't intend to win the case.  He only wanted the defendant to make statements in defense of himself that would help the prosecuting attorney convict the real criminal in the case in the following trial.  The defendant had to repeat his testimony or face charges of perjury after his trial.  The trial only lasted two hours with an hour for lunch between those two hours. 🙄   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, raven1 said:

Good Morning Clo! :hug:  I am doing well as is Aod.  Aod's father kept us busy during his visit.  I also got behind on reading.  Add in a few doctor checkups (everything is still OK and working) plus some projects and I couldn't do much more than push the react button here on CotT2. 

I sure have enjoyed a lot of the posts you have shared about what's happening in your life.  Those kinds of posts are my favorites to read.  

That's great to hear :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Hi there Terry :hug:

I was very happy that I only got a short case. We were in the jury pool for several major courts. There were some cases expected to last up to three months :o

I was a bit disappointed that it wasn’t like the movies - no hotel stay, no lunch provided :P 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Hi there Terry :hug:

I was very happy that I only got a short case. We were in the jury pool for several major courts. There were some cases expected to last up to three months :o

I was a bit disappointed that it wasn’t like the movies - no hotel stay, no lunch provided :P 

I felt the same.  The only thing I got was a small stipend to cover travel expenses if I claimed them.  I lived 5 miles from the courthouse and took the bus so I didn't have to deal with parking in downtown Portland.  At the time, had I filed for it, it would have been worth $5 total.  Too much paperwork to be bothered with.

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..