Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

On 9/13/2023 at 2:35 AM, Headstall said:

I need cataract surgery in both eyes. Damn! :( 

Hi Gary! :hug: I had cataract surgery in both eyes last August/September.  The worst I had of it was a lot of inconvenience for the four weeks it took to do one eye, then the next, and await the bandages to come off.  The next four weeks were inconvenient because of follow-up care.  There was no real pain involved.  However, the results were amazing! The brownout of colors caused by cataracts was gone, forever.  I could see things clearly I hadn't seen well since I was young. I only regretted that I hadn't done it sooner.

Do take time to talk in-depth with the doctor about how you want your eyes to be corrected. I chose both eyes to have the same correction, so I still have depth perception.  I also chose to keep them both farsighted and now use reading glasses.  

Good luck with the operation!  I think you will enjoy the results.

• Love 5

On 9/13/2023 at 5:36 AM, Headstall said:

Yeah, and I know I need it done, but I can't find anything online about the doctor. I want someone who is highly regarded and experienced. I'm calling my personal eye doctor tomorrow and ask him why he recommended her... he didn't know I had cataracts when I saw him a couple of months ago--he just said my cornea(?) angle was a concern... and I will ask him who is the best doctor to go to for cataract surgery. I know it's a relatively safe operation, but there can be issues after, and I don't want those.  

Good thinking Gary.  Getting a good doctor is important.  I did the same thing with my doctor.

• Love 5

11 hours ago, Headstall said:

Trying to switch eye doctors and it's impossible. If you see one ophthalmologist then another won't accept a referral for you, even after just one visit. I'm not giving up. The one I was referred to has bad reviews while the other has hundreds of great ones. Sucks!

That sucks big time!  Keep fighting the system!  

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..