Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 minute ago, raven1 said:

Sorry to hear how Max was treated.  I bet he feels like he won the lottery after you and Morgan adopted him.

It's not that she was a bad guardian, exactly. Her cooking skills left much to be desired, but according to Max, she was respectable in every other aspect of her duties.

The first time I asked him what he wanted for dinner, Max shrugged and said "I'm good with whatever." He believed his opinion wouldn't be taken into consideration, so he didn't feel like he should contribute to the discussion. Well, I fixed that soon enough. I took an old hat and some pieces of paper. I then wrote down the names of some countries or cities on the paper. France, China, Brazil, Brussels, Athens, Santa Fe, and so forth.

Then I asked Max to pick one paper from the hat, and we would look for a recipe or meal to make for dinner, based on the region he chose. I often asked for his help with cutting veggies, or measuring liquids, etc. From there, it was easy to encourage him to be curious and try new things. I may have created a monster, though, because I wasn't prepared for the escargot he ordered at a brunch place in town.  :lol:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Page Scrawler said:

It's not that she was a bad guardian, exactly. Her cooking skills left much to be desired, but according to Max, she was respectable in every other aspect of her duties.

The first time I asked him what he wanted for dinner, Max shrugged and said "I'm good with whatever." He believed his opinion wouldn't be taken into consideration, so he didn't feel like he should contribute to the discussion. Well, I fixed that soon enough. I took an old hat and some pieces of paper. I then wrote down the names of some countries or cities on the paper. France, China, Brazil, Brussels, Athens, Santa Fe, and so forth.

Then I asked Max to pick one paper from the hat, and we would look for a recipe or meal to make for dinner, based on the region he chose. I often asked for his help with cutting veggies, or measuring liquids, etc. From there, it was easy to encourage him to be curious and try new things. I may have created a monster, though, because I wasn't prepared for the escargot he ordered at a brunch place in town.  :lol:

That's a great story!  I love your approach to getting Max involved and curious. LOL!

Episode 7 Cooking GIF by MasterChef Junior

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..