Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Oh wow, you still watch videos other than BL on YouTube? :P

Actually most of my BL watching is now done off of YouTube.  Really only new GMM series I watch on YouTube.  I watch Viki and actually subscribed to iQIYI for the time being.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

No, we speak American English. -_- Not British English! :P

That's because you can't spell :P 

2 hours ago, spike382 said:

That’s actually a fine line.  As I’ve been taught by the lovely YouTube channel “Across the Pond” American English is closer to how many words were used/pronounced before the 19th century. :yes:

Reading old books (Thank you archive.org) clearly shows that spelling was much more flexible in ye olde times. And the printed word also had weird things going on like f replacing s but only in the middle of a word. I think I like a more standardised approach :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, spike382 said:

I read somewhere that there was no standardized spelling for words until dictionaries started being produced.  

Yep that's what I had heard too. 

Some of it reminds me of kids learning to spell - phonetically correct(ish) but wildly different

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..