Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

9 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Thanks... that's  good to hear, Craig. I got it on sale, but not at this price unfortunately. It's dropped another fifty dollars since I bought it. I don't mind, though. I really like the quality and the accuracy. So far, it hasn't lost or gained a second. :D 

I'm more than sure you will be happy with it. All you need to do to keep it accurate is to keep it charged which is easy, it will rarely need to have the time changed, they are very accurate watches. It will charge in any light, natural or artificial, the stronger the light the better it will charge. To keep it charged when not wearing it just keep it in the open box facing the strongest light source available and you will never have a problem with it. A full charge will last for months so you should have no need to worry. If you have any problems with it, which I very much doubt, let me know and I'll help you resolve it. My Eco-Drives have been going well for years and the only time I've needed to alter the time has been at the start and end of British Summer Time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

I'm more than sure you will be happy with it. All you need to do to keep it accurate is to keep it charged which is easy, it will rarely need to have the time changed, they are very accurate watches. It will charge in any light, natural or artificial, the stronger the light the better it will charge. To keep it charged when not wearing it just keep it in the open box facing the strongest light source available and you will never have a problem with it. A full charge will last for months so you should have no need to worry. If you have any problems with it, which I very much doubt, let me know and I'll help you resolve it. My Eco-Drives have been going well for years and the only time I've needed to alter the time has been at the start and end of British Summer Time.

Thanks... it has a six month battery reserve, so it can be left in a drawer and still work for half a year. I put it on the window sill a few hours for the first couple of days to make sure it was fully charged, and I'm often at my desk where my arm is under a desk lamp while I type. :)  It also has a five year warranty, increased to six years when I registered it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Thanks... it has a six month battery reserve, so it can be left in a drawer and still work for half a year. I put it on the window sill a few hours for the first couple of days to make sure it was fully charged, and I'm often at my desk where my arm is under a desk lamp while I type. :)  It also has a five year warranty, increased to six years when I registered it. 

Welcome to the quality of Citizen Eco-Drive, I know you will be happy with your watch. You may even be tempted to buy another. I have my titanium and two chronographs. They look just as good as my Tag Heuer and my Hamilton, and they are more accurate timekeepers.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

Welcome to the quality of Citizen Eco-Drive, I know you will be happy with your watch. You may even be tempted to buy another. I have my titanium and two chronographs. They look just as good as my Tag Heuer and my Hamilton, and they are more accurate timekeepers.

I keep looking. I like the designs of the German watch Lilienthal Berlin, but the reviews for the service department was a little worrisome. I like this blue/orange stainless steel one, but one review said the blue on the band chipped off. :huh:  Still they are beautiful, and there is a natural stainless with a burgandy face that I wouldn't have to worry about getting chipped. It's an automatic, and their accuracy isn't as good, though. 

There is another titanium Citizen that interests me, but I worry about the contrast not being good enough. I can see the white hands and markers of mine so well against the dark blue face. 

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I keep looking. I like the designs of the German watch Lilienthal Berlin, but the reviews for the service department was a little worrisome. I like this blue/orange stainless steel one, but one review said the blue on the band chipped off. :huh:  Still they are beautiful, and there is a natural stainless with a burgandy face that I wouldn't have to worry about getting chipped. It's an automatic, and their accuracy isn't as good, though. 

There is another titanium Citizen that interests me, but I worry about the contrast not being good enough. I can see the white hands and markers of mine so well against the dark blue face. 

I think you would be disappointed with Lilienthal Berlin. If you want a good value automatic with reliable service I would suggest Tag-Heuer, Omega or Hamilton unless you can afford the higher echelons of Rolex and the like. I'd recommend the Khaki Field Titanium Automatic range, I'm sure you would find something you would be happy with among them. I would also recommend buying an automatic watch winder if you buy an automatic, it will help to keep it working so that it doesn't seize up if left inactive for long periods of time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..