Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Oh good grief!  Discression being the better part of valor and all that crap, I cancelled my lessons this evening and started home.  That was over an hour ago, I am still at least 20 minutes from home.  People are driving like they have never seen snow before!

People always forget how to drive in the snow during the first snowfall of the season :facepalm: 

• Like 4

• Site Administrator

I timed my drive home perfectly.  I left just as it started to drizzle a bit and stopped at the store.  When I got out of the store it was snowing.  We have a dusting so far, but are supposed to get several inches by morning.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

I timed my drive home perfectly.  I left just as it started to drizzle a bit and stopped at the store.  When I got out of the store it was snowing.  We have a dusting so far, but are supposed to get several inches by morning.  

I understand that today's snowfall back home was the sixth heaviest on record, 8.3 inches with more falling. The fifth heaviest was 8.4 inches.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kitt said:

Oh good grief!  Discression being the better part of valor and all that crap, I cancelled my lessons this evening and started home.  That was over an hour ago, I am still at least 20 minutes from home.  People are driving like they have never seen snow before!

Ummmm... never seen snow

You have my sympathies, it’s the same with the first rains here. Either drive at 10km/h or drive fast and reckless so you spend less time in the rain.

• Haha 3
  • Wow 2

• Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I understand that today's snowfall back home was the sixth heaviest on record, 8.3 inches with more falling. The fifth heaviest was 8.4 inches.

Four years ago, my area experienced the Snowvember storm, which dumped 88" of snow over the course of several days.  I hope we never experience that amount of snow in such a short period of time ever again.  

• Like 1
  • Wow 4

• Site Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Ummmm... never seen snow

You have my sympathies, it’s the same with the first rains here. Either drive at 10km/h or drive fast and reckless so you spend less time in the rain.

Come visit me.  You'll see snow.  :gikkle: 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

:facepalm::no: In another life Minion must have been a dog or a pig. Seriously this cat just came home with all 4 paws cover in mud and a dead leaves under one of his feet! :rolleyes: we live in the suburb and it's barely raining, how did he even manage to end up in such a state?!

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, clochette said:

:facepalm::no: In another life Minion must have been a dog or a pig. Seriously this cat just came home with all 4 paws cover in mud and a dead leaves under one of his feet! :rolleyes: we live in the suburb and it's barely raining, how did he even manage to end up in such a state?!

He's an Adventure kitty. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

He's an Adventure kitty. 

That he is! His mom dropped him in our garden 2 years ago. My parents didn't want to adopt another cat so he spent the first 4 to 5 months of his life outside, in the garden, in the street. He still keep this wild part of him, during summer we barely see him and even during winter he spend half the day out - the rest sleeping on the parents flannel sheets

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Headstall said:

At least he didn't have pee on him.  

Good thing for him you live on the other side of the world :yes: 

:o watch out for yours Val, Gary's not that far from you!

Edited by clochette
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, clochette said:

Good thing for him you live on the other side of the world :yes: 

:o watch out for yours Val, Gary's not that far from you!

Mine would revenge pee on everything he owns.  :gikkle: 

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..