Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  139 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Many years ago, whilst I was still at university, some of the experiences I had after sampling a variety of mystical substances made me realise that even the 'reality' that we think we normally experience is almost certainly not the totality of all realities....

(Just saying)

(And did what I just said even make sense?) 

0:) 

:unsure2:   :P 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

It's okay really, thanks. Just a case of knowing she's not here. Life was difficult for her. Mum and I have come to the conclusion that she was transgender but had no way of indentfying herself thus. She often said she felt as if there was a hole inside where something was missing. As a result she resorted to drugs and alcohol to ease that loss. Unfortunately, alcholism is present on both sides of our genetic tree, a great-grandfather in the male line on each side. Jaki struggled but managed to live clean for roughly 20 years before she died. Though her death is unexplained there were no drugs or alchol in her bloodstream at the autopsy.

Heartbreaking... thanks for telling some of her story, dugh. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

It's nearly 90/32° and feels hotter 93/34° and they want it to get even hotter. I'm gonna take the pup for a bath to cool off. Later y'all.

34 here... feels like 42... but there is a breeze coming up... it's hot, but it's getting stronger. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Marty said:

That's the sort of thing I often say to a fellow shopper in the supermarket when they let some fresh food fall out of their hand or shopping basket...

"Now that shows just how fresh the food in this store really is!"

(I can get a whole gamut of different reactions to that one) ;) 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Marty said:

I have always said that's it's a good job we can't actually control the weather. It would only give us another reason to go to war with each other. :yes:

It's funny in a way that, of the six people who have so far reacted to that comment, five reacted with the Laugh emoticon.... :unsure2: 

But the strange thing is that I was deadly serious about what I was saying....

Ah well. As my old grandpappy used to say: "There's nowt so queer as folk.😜 

0:) 

Edited by Marty
Correcting another of my inevitable typos.
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

13 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Sadly, no, I didn't.   :rolleyes:

Are you sure, you could have been sleep walking and well eating 🧀:rofl:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..