Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Favorite Christmas Movies

drpaladin

Those are my favorites too, Dr. P. I would add White Christmas to the list... it came out the year I was born. I like musicals... oh... Holiday Inn is another good one. :)  As far as more recent movies, I liked one called The Family Stone. It got trashed by some critics, but I liked it. Will Ferrell's Elf makes me laugh. Jeez... there are so many....

• Like 4

Thinking about old movies made me think of one in particular... it's not a Christmas movie, but it's a perfect one to watch during the holidays if you like older movies (1939). The movie is called The Little Princess and stars Shirley Temple. I recall watching it one night as a little gaffer, with my mother and siblings, and the Christmas tree was lit. It's a fond memory. :) 

• Like 4

v1.bTsxMTI5MjU0MjtqOzE4MDEyOzIwNDg7MTUzN

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS (1944) 
 100%

Synopsis: Sally Benson's short stories about the turn-of-the-century Smith family of St. Louis were tackled by a battalion of MGM screenwriters,... [More]
Directed By: Vincente Minnelli
Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 4

Three Wishes for Cinderella. It's a Czech version of the classic fairytale, from 1973, and it's been on TV here in Norway every Christmas for decades. It really is very beautiful, and the music is gorgeous. Christmas isn't quite the same without it.

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Headstall said:

Thinking about old movies made me think of one in particular... it's not a Christmas movie, but it's a perfect one to watch during the holidays if you like older movies (1939). The movie is called The Little Princess and stars Shirley Temple. I recall watching it one night as a little gaffer, with my mother and siblings, and the Christmas tree was lit. It's a fond memory. :) 

I liked that one too, but I'm always a hopeless sucker when it comes to Shirley Temple movies. "Oh my goodness."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't care if you don't agree, talking to you Bruce Willis,

DIE HARD!!!!!!!!

A close second is Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas. I did watch the original It's a Wonderful Life for the first time last year

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

Personal favorites: 

1. Fluke - Fluke is about a dog finding its way home to his family. Can't have Christmas without a dog movie.

2. Love Actually - revolves around nine separate stories; all of which showcase the complexities of love.

3. Home Alone - need I say more, what more entertaining than a kid putting house buglers in the hospital.

4. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - everything that can go wrong at Christmas will go wrong.

5. The Grinch 2000 - watching Jim Carrey parade around defying Christmas with wit and sarcasm is gold.

6. Jack Frost - and what would be Christmas without a few tears.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, D.K. Daniels said:

Personal favorites: 

1. Fluke - Fluke is about a dog finding its way home to his family. Can't have Christmas without a dog movie.

2. Love Actually - revolves around nine separate stories; all of which showcase the complexities of love.

3. Home Alone - need I say more, what more entertaining than a kid putting house buglers in the hospital.

4. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - everything that can go wrong at Christmas will go wrong.

5. The Grinch 2000 - watching Jim Carrey parade around defying Christmas with wit and sarcasm is gold.

6. Jack Frost - and what would be Christmas without a few tears.

I like all these... Love Actually was awesome.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

I don't care if you don't agree, talking to you Bruce Willis,

DIE HARD!!!!!!!!

A close second is Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas. I did watch the original It's a Wonderful Life for the first time last year

A Nightmare Before Christmas was brilliant! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2