Stellar Posted December 25, 2019 Posted December 25, 2019 (edited) Well, whichever you fine folks want me to do next, I will. Bear in mind though, that whatever isn't chosen -- the OTHER choice -- will be left idle for a good couple of years while the primary option is written, so ... you have yourself one hell of a decision. I'll be leaving this open for some time (probably a few months), so please don't feel shy about voting nor voicing your opinion. Edited December 25, 2019 by Stellar 4
Scary Posted December 25, 2019 Posted December 25, 2019 (edited) I never managed to care about the characters in Spirit of Fire (at least the main character and his long haired dragon "friend") and stopped reading it half way through for that reason. Instead I reread the Hidden Sunlight series, so I would Definitely like to see that continued (and concluded). I hope I am not alone here. I guess I would also read something else entirely from you, but it would be a bummer to have to wait another couple of years for the conclusion of the Hidden Sunlight series. Edited December 25, 2019 by Scary 2
Bleu Posted December 28, 2019 Posted December 28, 2019 I voted for Veil of shadow, probably because more time was spent on character development with Shay than with Torsten, and that made him a more immediately likeable character. Also, it was the first story I read from you so there was an element of surprise and amazement about the plot and about your style which could not be as prevalent in a second story. That said, I will happily return to Spirit of Fire whenever you write the sequel 2
centexhairysub Posted December 29, 2019 Posted December 29, 2019 I went with Veil of Shadow, more because I think you might need to let your muses marinate on just how to continue, or finish, Spirit of Fire. That said, I truly believe you should work on what you feel is trying to come out. 2 1
Philippe Posted December 30, 2019 Posted December 30, 2019 (edited) While I have a deep appreciation for the interest in what the readers want, I also believe authors need to follow their own inspiration first. Your strength and comfort of creativity may be neutral between the two stories, but if not, I encourage you to go first with your passion; for there is where I think you’ll flourish without fatigue. That said, I must say Spirit of Fire is what holds my interest more at this time. In all fairness, I have just re-read both stories from beginning to end of posts; a welcomed task, for these stories are of my favorites of all the stories I have read, and have to chose is not an easy task. Short of cloning Stellar two times over, one for each Veil of Shadow, and Spirit of Fire, so Stellar may be free to create yet another masterpiece, I feel the next book in the SoF will bring the most new and exciting material. I understand very much the love of Shay, Mira, Konstantin, and others; I hold their story near and dear. The character development and the love between the prime characters was more straight forward and easy to identify with. In contrast, the Spirit of Fire is more complex from the beginning and therefore, the character development was slower as constrained by the suspenseful nature of storyline. But in the course of the first and single book comparisons, the Spirit of Fire had a broader cast list and deeper development for me. The Veil of Shadow cast list expanded from Hidden Sunlight, but so did the many stages from which the story must now be told. Now, the Spirit of Fire, I believe the prime characters will come more center stage, and though less passion may be expected, the strengths of love, humanity, and truth, will be in direct conflict with power, deceit, and manipulation. Edited January 5, 2020 by Philippe 3
Stellar Posted January 5, 2020 Author Posted January 5, 2020 (edited) On 12/29/2019 at 4:08 PM, centexhairysub said: I went with Veil of Shadow, more because I think you might need to let your muses marinate on just how to continue, or finish, Spirit of Fire. That said, I truly believe you should work on what you feel is trying to come out. Thank you, though it needs to be said that if I had a strong opinion in the first place, then I never would have posed the question and just chosen something myself. It makes little difference to me which order I write them in -- I know what's going to happen in both series regardless -- which is why it came to a poll of readers to find out the popular view. Edited January 5, 2020 by Stellar 2
Stellar Posted January 5, 2020 Author Posted January 5, 2020 On 12/30/2019 at 5:33 PM, Philippe said: While I have a deep appreciation for the interest in what the readers want, I also believe authors need to follow their own inspiration first. You’re strength and comfort of creativity may be neutral between the two stories, but if not, I encourage you to go first with your passion; for there is where I think you’ll flourish without fatigue. As I note above, I don't have a preference, or I would have made the decision myself already. Asking me to go with my passion is like asking a parent which child is their favourite. I don't have one and I don't intend to choose at this time. 3 1
Brayon Posted February 16, 2020 Posted February 16, 2020 I voted for the third book in the Hidden Sunlight/Veil of Shadow series. Gonna have to reread those stories again. 2 1
Norrin001 Posted February 27, 2020 Posted February 27, 2020 Just found the "Club", TY. I've voted (I would have many, many times if I could!), so to paraphrase Oliver in "Oliver Twist"... Please sir... may we have some more!?..." Norrin. 1 1
Stellar Posted March 25, 2020 Author Posted March 25, 2020 (edited) It's been three months since the poll went up, so I am using the current results as a decision, as it constitutes a majority opinion of those readers that wanted to express one. For further information on what this will entail, please check the new forum post about the upcoming book. Edited March 25, 2020 by Stellar 2 2
ranchered Posted August 20, 2022 Posted August 20, 2022 2 Years Later... Spirit of Fire is an awesome story! Am sure the sequel will be too. 1
Stellar Posted August 20, 2022 Author Posted August 20, 2022 49 minutes ago, ranchered said: 2 Years Later... Spirit of Fire is an awesome story! Am sure the sequel will be too. Thanks for commenting on your enjoyment of Spirit of Fire. Though, if you are implying something should have happened here in that two year gap since the last post, I should mention that the focus isn't on the dragon-themed sequel right now, but on the alien-themed one. You'll get the former option later, if that's what people want most after the current project is done. 1
ranchered Posted August 20, 2022 Posted August 20, 2022 9 minutes ago, Stellar said: Though, if you are implying something should have happened here in that two year gap since the last post... Ha, nope.. On my screen it shows how much time it is between comments so I thought I would make a funny. 2
Recommended Posts