Under Construction

9 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

let me know if i can help

We are both writing other projects, mine for sure you know of.  I'm 1/2 thru ch 7 as of this morning.  I think Wayne is in the same sort of area with his. 

I hope i can finish this one but maybe another 4 or 5 chapters? Not sure yet.

Then we will have to look at Wild Maple Farm with fresh eyes .. i wonder if we will like what we see?

• Love 3

okay ... i didn't dare speak about this before.. but i am happy today.

just finished chapter 7 on my latest story.. i think i can actually see finishing this.  Working title is Kidnapped ... dark but with glimmers of hope and an uneasy walk toward the end.

Maybe another 5 chapters to go.. then editing and more editing and reading. But i know where the road will take these characters .. but who knows... trees fall on roads and there are forks... but i think i can finish this one.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

just finished chapter 7 on my latest story.. i think i can actually see finishing this.  Working title is Kidnapped ... dark but with glimmers of hope and an uneasy walk toward the end.

Maybe another 5 chapters to go.. then editing and more editing and reading. But i know where the road will take these characters .. but who knows... trees fall on roads and there are forks... but i think i can finish this one.

:2thumbs:😁🤐

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yay!!! :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Started chapter 10 this morning ... i wont be writing 3,000 words today. But that's okay. Those days dont happen often but they are fun when they do.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
34 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Started chapter 10 this morning ... i wont be writing 3,000 words today. But that's okay. Those days dont happen often but they are fun when they do.

They happen when the time is right, and that is as it should be. :) 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

They happen when the time is right, and that is as it should be. :) 

i managed 1000 words..  :D  hopefully it'll be a good story. ..

• Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A dream i had:

“Can I play your piano?” Oliver gazed at the baby grand that sat in the corner. Luckily the lid was down and the fallboard covered the keys because the instrument was coated in dust. Oliver turned to his john. He smiled. “Do you mind?”

Ken tightened his bathrobe. “Um, sure, if you want. Not sure if it’s in tune. It’s not been tuned since William moved out.”

“You should cover it with a piano cloth you know. That’s the best thing to do to keep out the dust and stuff.” Oliver ran a long finger over the dusty fallboard. “Do you maybe have a cloth I can clean it with?”

“Mmm, sure. Just a second.” Ken blinked and then walked into the kitchen. Maybe bringing him here wasn’t such a hot idea.

He pulled a kitchen towel from the drawer and some furniture polish from under the kitchen sink. Then he returned to the spacious living room.

“Here. Dust away.”

Oliver smiled and took cloth. “Thanks. You should never use that stuff on your piano. It’ll mess up the finish.” He used the soft cloth to push away the dust.

Ken watched gray fluff settle onto the hardwood floor. That’s just fucking great. Thanks.

Once the dust was off the piano, Oliver pulled out the bench and sat down. He stretched his fingers. Then he clenched and opened his hands several times.

Ken took a seat on the sofa. I wonder if he can actually play that thing? "Um ... do you need music. William left some in the bench."

"I don't need sheet music except for the first time I play something. After once, I can remember it."

Oliver picked off a bit more dust and released it to join the rest on the floor.

"Seriously?"

"Yes. I can remember every piece I've played since I was eight."

Ken nodded in silence.

Oliver played some scales for a minute or two. He turned to Ken. “It’s a little out of tune, not badly though. I think we can make music together.”

And then Oliver Bagosian played.

Ken found himself leaning forward. “Jesus.”

The pianist’s hands flew.

And then it was over. Ken got to his feet. “Ollie, shit. That was .. Liszt.”

Oliver smiled. “Yes, La Campanella. Was it okay?”

“Okay? Where did you learn to play like that?”

Oliver placed the fallboard over the keys. “I learned as a kid. I think I said that."

“Why don’t you play?”

"Like professionally?" After standing Ollie pushed the bench back to its original position. “Well. That’s a long story. Short version … I’m too insane.”

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

If you don't know La Campanella... it is among the most difficult pieces for the piano.

Very impressive, indeed. 

I’m guessing Ken forgot all about the dust on the floor after being hit by Oliver’s “lightning bolt”, eh? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m guessing Ken forgot all about the dust on the floor after being hit by Oliver’s “lightning bolt”, eh? 

The story is developing ... i've written bits but i am in the middle of writing Kidnapped... just finishing ch 11 ... i really dont want to do much on Oliver .. just keeping notes atm.

• Like 4
  • 8 months later...

Read all 19 completed chapters of Wild Maple Farm .. @Wayne Gray and i are really gonna try to finish it... we are sooooo damn close. These people are my friends now.. and they make me laugh and cry and deserve to see the light of day.

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..