Tell us your favorite part of Thanksgiving

I will finally get to spend Thanksgiving today with my brother who we hardly ever get to see for the holidays!

Don't let all the turkey's chase you today cause you are suppose to chase them yourself on this special day! lol

Edited by Sherye
  • Like 1

My favorite part is begging out watching the late game and crafting after dinner with what ever family can be there. We have had years as small as 4 like this year will be, and as many as 20 for the weekend ar my uncles tree farm in Pa.

Funny thing is it seems like I cook the same amount either way! Granted this year is 2 pies not 10 or more, and only 1 day baking not again early Saturday, but it's all the same foods just smaller quantities.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Usually it's spending time with the family, but I've spoken to each of them over the phone so that will have to do this year.  I'd like to wish each of you in the US a very Happy Thanksgiving and please stay safe. 

• Love 1
  • 11 months later...

I always enjoy the numerous Friendsgivings that take place in the weeks leading up to the actual date. I've always found these gatherings to be much more enjoyable than the actual ones with family. Not that my family is not great, but it's usually not a very exciting affair.

I have a friend who lives half a block off Central Park West where the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade goes through, and it's really cool seeing all the floats go down the avenue in person. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Still the fussing in the kitchen followed by crashing to watch the game with who ever could be here.

This year my kid and her SO have added a third to the relationship, so it's the first official addition to the family in ages. Now if I can just get a definitive yes we will be there so I can start planning how much to cook!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

At risk of sounding cheesy (something I wouldn't pride myself on ^^), it's definitely the people, having good food and awesome convos. While we rarely celebrate Thanksgiving over here in Germany, I got the chance to join a Friendsgiving during my stay in Alaska and I absolutely loved it.

Edited by Zuri
  • Love 2

My husband and I added a third wheel of our own to the household. His name is Max, nine years old. The only reason I can say anything now is because the adoption was finalized a few weeks ago. Max is allergic to turkey, so we'll be having a spiral-cut ham for dinner this year. My favorite part of Thanksgiving is actually what comes after: using up the leftovers to make other meals. Of course, I'm also looking forward to gathering with my in-laws again. We haven't seen them since April.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

My husband and I added a third wheel of our own to the household. His name is Max, nine years old. The only reason I can say anything now is because the adoption was finalized a few weeks ago. Max is allergic to turkey, so we'll be having a spiral-cut ham for dinner this year. My favorite part of Thanksgiving is actually what comes after: using up the leftovers to make other meals. Of course, I'm also looking forward to gathering with my in-laws again. We haven't seen them since April.

Congrats and I hope you and your family will have more love to share with the 9 year old to make him feel loved! Family is the perfect way!

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Welcome to parentdom. Hardest job you will ever love.

Max has been wonderful so far, but parenting a biracial kid definitely presents some unique challenges.

57 minutes ago, Kitt said:

My favorite thing to do with left over cured ham is to shred some and make ham salad. 

I thought I might use the leftover ham to make Eggs Benedict casserole, but ham salad is a great idea!  :D

https://www.cookingclassy.com/overnight-eggs-benedict-casserole/

Edited by Page Scrawler