unable to find a story

Hey all,

I was trying to lookup and re-read a story I had read some time ago. I do not recall if it was on nifty or some other site and all the search terms that come to mind result in way to many results.

Anyway, maybe someone recognizes the following description:

Its about two youngsters being friends / growing up together. They both end up in the military, either in different branches or one family might have been from the UK and the other from the US originally (I may be confusing / mixing more than one story here, I am afraid). At any rate, though at least one of them ends up marrying and having a family, plus they get separated during war (WWII I think), they do eventually end up as a couple. It was a longish tale covering a lot of time in many chapters.

As I said, maybe someone recognizes what little I could summarize. There is always hope, right?

Thanks for any and all pointers. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 3

The only story I can think of that even comes close is Marine Called Jason, which is available on Nifty and at least one other site.  The author goes by the names Devon Campbell and Peterbilt.

If you do a search on Nifty, enclose the entire title in quotation marks, which will greatly narrow the number of hits.

This is probably not the story you are looking for, since it's set in Viet Nam, and the guys are already in Saigon when the story opens.  (But you might enjoy it anyway.  I've run across a number of great stories while trying to track down something different.)

Edited by BigBen
corrections
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, BigBen said:

This is probably not the story you are looking for, since it's set in Viet Nam, and the guys are already in Saigon when the story opens.  (But you might enjoy it anyway.  I've run across a number of great stories while trying to track down something different.)

Thank you for that. I know Marine Called Jason and though not the story I keep thinking of, it is indeed a good one!

Edited by Salerion
  • Like 3

A friend suggested I might be thinking of Blitzed by Mickey S. And I think he is right, only that, in my memory, I do seem to have amalgamated it with another story. No clue which one, though.

But at least part of the puzzle is now probably solved. 😄

• Like 2